𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❝ 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

❝ 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬  ❝

███████████████████████████

          If there was one thing Eleanor Chase was sure of, she was never to associate willingly with Atlas's wife. At the very least, cooperate when Alice firmly told her to let go of the poker stick before things get out of hand the more it already has. It was probably the way Alice had a very menacing glint in her eyes. How authoritative her tone was when Alice says Eleanor's name. It made the latter expect a fight but was assured nothing of the sort when she takes a seat in her own room, told by the married Cullen.

Accompanied by Alice, Eleanor was unsure of her name but she recognized her. Tall, gold and caramelized eyes that made her uneasy under the stare of the blonde immortal. It made Eleanor fix her posture, straightening her back when Nikolai Grey slumped on the seat besides her unwillingly.

"I didn't do anything! I was trying to stop her!" Nikolai defends highly of his honor, palm on his chest and looked offended when Alice dismissed him so subtly when she takes a seat on their opposite couch. Just besides Rosalie who takes in cautiously of how she should react and it did not go unnoticed by Eleanor who can read people vividly.

"You almost let her get killed."

Nikolai sharply gasp, now genuinely offended. "She's well and alive here besides me, ain't she?"

"She's right here." Eleanor corrects both of them, unamused by Nikolai trying to heal their atmosphere with humor when she herself was beginning to fail to show a cold expression. "Mind me for interrupting a conversation about me but. . . Can I dare ask why you're here, Alice?"

"Because you. . ." Alice stops herself, beginning to overload her mind with concept of possibilities on how she saw Eleanor get killed. First, it was by Demetri. Then by her own hand, then her decision of going to Volterra for the Volturi's hand to kill her. It made Alice steer in a drive of violence that she knows her husband wouldn't like to see as well. "I'm sorry for intervening abruptly. I was sure Kol, here, was going to tell you of me and Rosalie coming." She scowls at the man who avoids her gaze, acting normally but through strained smile.

So that was her name.

"I was about to." Nikolai mumbles, hand rubbing the back of his neck as if he had been scolded by his mother.

"To answer your question, —" Alice ignores Nikolai wherein Eleanor frowns under her mask of untouched, seeing a difference between Alice and Atlas. It was clear that took her by surprise. Where Alice was more light, filled with energy and straight to the point whilst her husband was the complete opposite. "— I've seen your decisions lately. It's. . . concerning, Eleanor." She says softly, almost a plead of her not to fulfill.