Chapter 38

"Sophie Foster and Calla Foster-Sencen." Terik called and Sophie stood, and heaved Calla into her arms. She gave Calla a kiss on her forehead, and walked up to the seat that was in between the councillors and Gisela and Fintan.

She sat down and wiped her sweating hands on her dress, fighting the urge to pick out an eyelash.

"Mrs. Foster can you explain how you ended up in the Neverseens hideout?" Bronte asked.

Sophie let out a small sigh and looked at the audience as she recounted the past events;

"It was at my graduation party. We had just come back from the ceremony and I had put Calla down for a nap, because she was exhausted. I was going to go get her because people were arriving for the party, when I went upstairs to her room I saw Gisela holding Calla. She went to beam away and my maternal brain kicked in, and I jumped into the beam after them." She looked at the councillors, "That's how I got there."

The audience looked at Gisela and started whispering.

"What happened when you got to their hideout?" Sophie closed her eyes.

"Why don't I just show you?" Bronte scrunched his eyes brows and nodded.

"Would you like to project it on the big screen?" Bronte asked and Sophie nodded and started to project the events onto the screen.

When she was slashed and drugged the audience gasped and looked angrily towards Gisela and Fintan.

Even the people who initially wanted to put Sophie in the ability restrictor were supporting her now.

When the memories got to the part when Sophie had to say her last goodbye she let her tears fall. Letting all the emotions flood in taking control of her and let the tears take over. She took deep breaths in and out, slowly but surely opening her eyes and letting her take in the audience.

She could see that most of the audience had started to tear up, some were crying, mothers holding on to their babies tightly, not being able to imagine their children being taken.

Sophie let out a deep breath and gathered the courage to stand up and look Gisela and Fintan directly in the eyes and said; "You will never personally hurt a person ever again. You think any of these people will side with you after seeing that?" Sophie pointed to the memory screen. "You think you'll actually get away with this?" She started to stalk towards them. "You are pathetic. Disgusting. Miserable Elves on this planet. You really need self validation, don't you? You couldn't do anything without hurting an elf who is almost a century younger than you? Taking advantage of young girls. You. Are. Disgusting. I hope you rot in Exile and never see anyone in your small miserable little life again." Sophie passive aggressively spat at them and walked right off-stage.

That's when the entirety of the elves who were at the tribunal started to clap. Slowly each and every elf in that room stood up and applauded Sophie.

She walked right up to Keefe, grabbed the back of his head and pulled him towards her. Kissing him. Keefe kissing her back and smiling.

Calla stood up and yelled, "Hey whatta bout me!" Sophie laughed and grabbed her and gave her a kiss too.

The crowd was still applauding as Keefe whispered in her ear. "I love you Sophie Foster."

Sophie smiled and whispered back, "Right back at you Keefe Sencen."

The 3 of them all sat down as the Councillors quieted the audience down.

"Thank you Ms. Foster for your testimony." Terik said with a huge smile on his face.

Every single councillor had a smile on their face. Even Bronte.