Chapter 1: Meeting a Teasing Buddy

(Hello beautiful, lovely readers! I hope you are having a great day and if you're not, I hope it gets better, and if it doesn't, I hope reading this gives you a reason to smile! Now, right into the story!)

"Ma! Please, I don't want to go to the Magic house! I know they went through a crisis but they've never done anything for us!"

"Don't speak about them that way, they have helped this community grow and thrive, without them, we wouldn't have a safe place to live," My ma sighed, we had this talk already, I refused to be involved with the magic house and all those who lived there.

"You will come Y/n and you won't complain, I need someone to help me carry the food," I groaned.

"Then I go straight home," I insisted.

"After you eat, then you can go home if that is what you wish," She said, rubbing her temples. I finished my lunch and started to put my shoes on.

"Ma, I'm going out to the market to get some treats, is there anything you want me to get while I'm out?" I asked.

"I don't think so, come home safe dear!" She said.

"Yep, love you!" I yelled, closing the door behind me. Today I was wearing a loose white shirt that puffed at the sleeves and had strings crisscrossing the exposed skin because it was a v-neckline shirt. was wearing a long flowy skirt that was dark wine red. I loved this skirt. I had my hair up in my favourite style and it was a good day, other than the fact I would be forced to go to the magic house. There was nothing wrong with it, I just didn't want to get involved with it... Things like that were too complicated to get involved with. It was just me and my ma in this cozy home, my dad had been- well, not the best, so we ran away from him. This was the safest place my ma could find that would accept us. I settled in fast, learning how to socialize in a way I hadn't before. Everyone was very touchy, so I had to get used to it and learn how to greet and say goodbye to people in their way. It was actually a very loving and caring environment.

"Hello Y/n, here again so soon I see!"

"Yes senor, I came to ask if you had a shipment of cherry candies yet?" I asked hopefully.

"Si! Early this morning!" He grabbed a tin from behind the counter and handed it to me.

"Don't worry about paying, think of it as a gift for my favourite customer!"

"You are too kind! Thank you, senor! Have a great day!" I said, smiling brightly at him before leaving.

"You too!" The door opened and closed with the ringing of the bells. I walked out onto the street, watching as stands set up with many different items. I spotted the boy I was looking for and came up behind him. I tapped him on the shoulder and came up on the opposite side, he looked over and then I tapped him on the shoulder closest to me. He turned to look at me and I tapped the tip of his nose.

"Y/n! Dios, you scared me!" He exclaimed. I giggled.

{Dios-Jeez}

"Sorry, I couldn't help it, you're fun to tease!"

"You tease everyone," Ben said, rolling his eyes.

"And it's fun teasing everyone," I laughed.

"What's with the candy, you're going to get sick if you eat too much,"

"Never!" I popped a cherry-flavoured candy in my mouth, smirking at him.

"What are you doing out here, by the way?" I asked him.