17.

HEAVEN'S POV:

"Alright, breath in breath out... this will be easy." I whispered to myself, standing in front of Ariana's room, preparing my dialogues and counter dialogues just in case..

I placed a soft knock on the door and clasped my fingers together, staring mindlessly at that huge dark wooden door that seemed like my void thoughts, waiting for her to open the door before I loose my confidence.

"You want something? " Ariana's voice popped from behind me and I almost ran into the door, jumping, frightened.

"Woah..! I'm sorry. I scared you. " she held my arms, stroking them slightly.

I breathed, calming my nerves at this embarrassment of exaggerating action I just did. Her eyes shifted from my face, off to my dress as she stepped behind, eyeing me top to bottom. Her face had a slight frown on it, watching me dressed like this.

"Where are you going, all dolled up? " she crossed her arms and now I felt like a kid who just got caught sneaking snacks at night.

"Uh.. About that. Actually I'm off to Miller Mansion... Please don't get mad... I had to... Mrs. Miller called me yesterday and.... "

"It's alright.. " she cut my sentence off with her words and my jaw freezed in the air, staring blankly at her face that softened gradually.

"It's Alright, Heaven. In fact I thought about it last night. We can't keep you caged, just so that you're safe. I don't think anyone will mind you living your life. " she went saying things while I couldn't believe my own ears. Maybe she doesn't actually mean it..

"Ariana.. Look I didn't mean to be rude... I just couldn't.. "

Before I could finish my sentence, she held my hands in her hers and beamed brightly.

"Oh come on! I mean it. I'm not mad or anything of that sort. You can visit them. "

I was still standing in disbelief. I'm sure I'm starting to shift realities everyday... How can someone who was extremely against the thought of me anywhere near Millers, is now encouraging me to live all I want...?

"Relax! You need not to analyse this. I'm one hundred percent serious. " she smiled, patting my shoulder with a soft greeting as she left.

"Enjoy."

•••

I waited patiently, so patiently that my feet couldn't stop thumping against the car's floor with my fingers wrestling with each other. Why do I even feel nervous? Because I'll be going back to that place that I left crying that night or maybe because I'll be right in front of Kian after that weird confession, not ready for it. Maybe everything...

My guts twisted and I inhaled deeply to calm myself. We're almost there. That grand door of this magnificent architecture was now in front of me, open, as if waiting for me to enter.

I stepped out, holding onto my skirt in this cloudy breezy weather that represented condition of my thoughts, fogged and random. I held the bouquet of dazzling pink carnations in my arms, inhaling their freshness with a smile they brought on my face. Is there something nature can't? If I had to live alone on an island with all tranquility I could have, I'm ready to be the women with twenty cats in a hut.

I took a step towards the grand entrance, looking at increased security in the area or maybe I'm over thinking. I walked in, looking around at the number of sports cars parked on the side, one after another. This can take our whole town on a road trip. As I got close to the steps of the Mansion, I had a pang of regret for visiting this place once again even after Ariana asked me not to. It was a request from her, but I couldn't respect it..