chapter 19✿

I whip my head around to see Cora standing there with her jaw almost touching the floor. I immediately jump off the table and grab my shirt from the floor, quickly putting it back on. Luke does the same.

"Cora what the fuck! Why didn't you knock?" Luke yells at the same time I say, "It's not what it looks like!"

"I did knock! No one answered so I just came in. And it seems like it was exactly what it looked like, May." Cora says.

"Of course we get caught twice in one day." Luke mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

"I can explain it though." I say.

But I couldn't explain it. It really was exactly what it looked like. Luke and I about to have sex on the kitchen table. Now I knew this whole secret whatever it was with Luke, was over. Cora would tell Michael and Michael would forbid Luke to see me.

"You have nothing to explain," Luke says to me. "What are you even doing here, Cora?"

"We were all at Calum's and Michael told me to come by and see May," Cora says, gesturing towards me. "He told me her and her boyfriend broke up and she could use a girl to talk to. So I came by. But it seems like she's just fine."

"Cora, you really don't understand." I say.

"You don't have to explain anything to her." Luke says to me.

"I'm assuming Michael doesn't know?" Cora asks.

I shake my head.

"Luke? Could you give me a second alone with Cora? I want to explain everything to her." I turn to Luke.

"What? You don't have-"

"Luke, please." I practically beg.

He looks at me with a face of anger, but proceeds to walk upstairs and leave me and Cora alone.

"Sit?" I ask Cora.

She walks over to the couch and sits down. I sit beside her and let out a heavy sigh. I know telling her everything was the right thing to do because I knew she would tell Michael everything so at least he would know the truth about everything.

"I need to tell you everything. Not because I want to, but because I know you'll tell Michael regardless. So, at least he'll know the truth." I take a deep breath before what was going to be a long explanation. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I really didn't. I came here with the intent of spending the summer with my brother and then going home to my boyfriend. But then I met Luke. I tried to pretend like I didn't feel anything for him because he was Michael's best friend and I wasn't even available but, the more I tried to stay away from him, the more I wanted to be near him. I knew from the second I felt all of this that it was over with Ian, but I just didn't want to admit it. Luke makes me really happy and I know Michael is going to do everything he can to keep us away from each other but, I don't want to be away from Luke."

Cora stares at me with wide eyes for a while before finally speaking. "Wow." She says.

"Yeah." I says, lowering my head.

"I won't tell him." Cora says in almost a whisper.

My head shoots up.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"I won't tell Michael." She clarifies.

"You won't?" I am shocked.

She shakes her head. "It's not my secret to tell. This is between you, Luke and Michael. It has nothing to do with me. I don't want to ruin your relationship with your brother and Luke and Michael's friendship all because I walked in on something I shouldn't have. I won't ever bring it up, don't worry." She says.