Chapter 138

Sirius's P.O.V

The rising sun casts a rose-golden hue across my rumpled sheets and gorgeous girlfriend.

Chiara has one leg hooked over my waist and both arms curled into herself. Her brown hair in knots atop her head, lips sleep-swollen and flushed pink, eyelashes long and dark and fanned out across her cheeks.

When I look at her, I feel something shift in my chest. Like a lock clicking into place.

I appear to have hogged all the blankets in the night, leaving Chiara bare. Such a stellar sleep companion I am. A slow sweep down her body has my lips lifting in a shit-eating grin. These ridiculous pyjama sets she wears to bed amuse me with their patterns. The set she's wearing now is red and features a very happy candy cane.

I mindlessly dip my finger in one gap between two buttons at the front of her shirt, grazing the soft skin of her stomach. Winter break hangs over my head like a dark cloud. I am going to miss this. Waking up to her, falling asleep with her...it's routine, natural.

I have yet to tell Chiara—or ask if she even wants to be a part of it, rather—I have been on the lookout for a flat. For me, us. With more than enough money to support me and my girl, I figure the move is right. After graduation, that is.

I touch my lips to her forehead, just to convey my love to her subconscious mind.

She suddenly breaks into giggles, and the beautiful sound has me reeling back to take it in in full. She is laughing a full-belly laugh in her sleep and I am enraptured. All I can do is watch and wonder what kind of dream she could be living right now. I hope it includes me.

From the bed beside mine, Remus wakes with a start. Sitting up, he checks his wristwatch and then collapses right back with a groan. I keep my mouth shut, pretending to be asleep while the poor bloke tosses and turns trying to get comfortable. The full moon's tomorrow and it's been visible on his face all week he's been feeling unwell because of it.

I hear a groan and then a pillow is flung across the room.

I watch as said pillow makes a swift collision with Peter's face. Pete's raucous snores come to a sudden halt and he shoots awake. "What?! Okay, who did that?!" He demands, swivelling his accusing gaze from bed to bed.

I have to bite on my knuckles to keep from filling the room with my laughter.

"Me. You snore like a bear." Moony deadpans.

Off goes my last shred of self-control. I bark out a hysterical laugh, gaining both of their attention. "You know just the thing to say to a man to sweep him off his feet, don't you darling? Rosier is one lucky bastard."

Moony shoots me a violent glare to which I return a bright grin. "Piss off, Sirius."

"Not Padfoot today, eh." I tut-tut with a mock shake of my head. "Grumpy morning for Moony. Remind me not to sit next to you at breakfast lest you bite my head off, kay?" After tossing him a quick wink, I set my sights back on Chiara.

Fuck it. Three of us are awake, I'm waking her.

I lay my mouth on her, trailing a path of kisses along her neck. I close my eyes and breathe, only to be assaulted by her sweetness. "Dear God," I choke, a shiver zipping up my spine. She smells divine. Something like hot cocoa mix. Pretty fitting for a chocolate addict, I reckon.