Chapter 36

Once the clock went off, all of the students and Professors waited in anticipation for Krum and Tris to come to the surface. They had 30 seconds left. George felt lightheaded and was worrying himself sick, literally. Fred started to grab ahold of his arm because George was turning white in the face and was about to pass out.

With seconds remaining, Krum pops to the surface first. He was trying to catch his breath and all of the Durmstrang students were cheering and shouting his name. "Where is she?" George said in a whisper. "Where is she!" George then shouted down to Krum. George pushed Fred off of him and was about to jump into the water when all of a sudden, Tris comes up to the surface.

She starts coughing up water and Krum tried to grab ahold of her arm, but she pushed him away and started swimming back to the docks where all of the Hogwarts students began cheering for her. George pushed all of the other students out of the way and grabbed her a towel. She arrived at the docks first and Neville and Harry helped her out of the water.

George came running down to the lowest dock and wrapped his arms around her and didn't even care that she was soaking wet. The feeling of George's warm embrace calmed her heart rate down and she felt safe. George then took off his stocking hat and put it on her head along with his scarf. He now wrapped the towel around her and hugged her once again.

"You're freezing." he said as he placed a kiss on the top of her head. "I'm okay." she said as she nuzzled her face into his jumper. "Yeah, I know. You're always okay." George said as he smirked at her but still refused to let her go.

Dumbledore had now made his way to her and made sure she was alright. Once she confirmed that she was okay, Dumbledore now announced the winner for that task. As everyone was cheering, Viktor walked past Tris and George. George then turned around and grabbed Viktor by the collar of his shirt.

"Hands off!" Viktor said with his Bulgarian accent. "Hands off? Hands off! You nearly got my girlfriend killed and you want me to keep my hands off?" George yelled at Viktor. Fred then stepped in between George and Viktor and tried to push them apart. Tris then dropped her towel and ran over to George and stepped in front of him.

She had her hands pressed up against his chest and pushed him. "Hey, it's okay. I'm okay. Look at me." she said trying to calm him back down. She then placed her cold hands on his face and made him look down at her. "Let's go." she said and she could feel him relax a little bit.

Rose and Draco then walked down to the stands to get a better view of what was going on. George then grabbed Trista's hand and they started to walk off until Viktor had to open his big mouth.

"Control your little boy toy better next time, Trista." Viktor said. Rose then stepped beside Viktor. "Honestly we'd be better off if Viktor would have just left you in the lake." Rose said. George and Tris both stopped cold in their tracks.

"What's the matter, Tris? You're not gonna walk away like the little coward you are?" Rose said with an evil grin on her face. Tris couldn't listen to her insults one more second. She turned around and charged at Rose. George then turned around and grabbed her trying to pull her off of Rose.

"Hey, Stop! She's not worth it Tris!" George said as she squirmed to escape his grasp. "Get off of me you filthy hybrid!" Rose said as she readjusted her uniform. "Okay I'm calm! Put me down please." Tris said as she tried to calm her voice back down and change her hair color back to normal.

Rose then grinned and started to laugh as if she had just won. Tris then pushed the hair out of her face and turned around like she was about to walk off. "That's what I thought." Rose said as she looked over at Viktor and smiled.

Without any warning, Tris turned around and pushed Rose off of the dock and into the lake. "Don't ever call me a coward." Tris said as she now overlooked Rose in the water. Rose screamed and her cheeks turned a bright red from all of her anger and embarrassment.