nueve

"Why is Soobin late?"

The group of 6 friends stood at the entrance of the movie theater, arms hugging themselves as they felt the cold breeze hit them.

"It is so fucking cold!" Yeojin exclaimed, jumping around to help produce some sort of warmth. After a few jumps, she eventually gave up and went to huddle Iseul who immediately hugged her.

Beomgyu noticed that and copied her, except he tried going to Yeonjun but was immediately rejected.

"I'm not giving you warmth when you're a little bitch to me." Yeonjun told him, making Beomgyu furrow his brows and mutter a simple "Bitch."

"There's Soobin!" Iseul pointed out, raising the arm that hugged Yeojin to wave at him. Soobin noticed the wave and smiled as he ran over to his friends.

"Hi guys!" Soobin said, going to hug his guy friends and wave at his newer female friends.

"Why did you take so long?" Huening Kai asked, teeth chattering and body shivering even in the big coat he wore.

"Yeah you son of a bitch we are freezing out here!" Beomgyu added, his shivering being dramatized and overexaggereted by the boy as a way to portray how cold he was.

"You know, you coulda just waited inside and gotten in line to get popcorn or something cause that line is long." Soobin pointed out and they all became silent.. until Beomgyu spoke up once again.

"Okay but we wanted to walk in together!" Beomgyu said as an excuse and all Soobin could do was laugh a bit at his younger friend.

"Well I'm here now, so let's go." Soobin said and walked between Yeonjun and Huening Kai.

They all walked in, Iseul making sure to get the tickets scanned from her phone and made all of them stand at the side, a bit separated from the line to buy snacks.

"Do you guys want popcorn?" Iseul asked and a few of them nodded, feeling that a movie couldn't be complete without the snack. "Then I need two of you to buy it while so take the others to their seats."

Immediately, Beomgyu and Yeojin raised their hands up at the same time, exclaiming "I'll buy it." Once they heard each other's voice, their minds changed and at the same time they said "Nevermind."

Iseul could only smile and hand them some cash. "You two can buy it. Since you offered first."

"Haha I was just kidding. Don't make me stand in line with him." Yeojin said, handing Iseul back the money while Beomgyu already stood in line, in awe of all the lights around them.

"Too late. Shoulda thought of that before volunteering." Iseul replied as she gave Yeojin back the money. "I'll take you to the seats when I see y'all walk into the theater."

And with that, Iseul told the others to follow her while she left Yeojin standing there with Beomgyu in line.

"How many buckets of popcorn should we get?" Beomgyu asked Yeojin as he looked at the menú, mouth drooling over the pretzels that were shown.

"3? So every pair can get one and someone else can share with one of them." Yeojin replied nonchalantly, just waiting for the moment where Beomgyu would retaliate and say some shit back.