Chp 23

Hermione's Pov

I sighed and looked up from the parchment at Ginny as she paced across the shore of the Black Lake. She crossed her arms and looked over at me. "Since they're in Slytherin, should we consider their ambition as a positive or a negative?"

I frowned, thinking of the different scenarios that could play out because of that trait. One on hand, they could be very tenacious and never give up on something they're passionate about; and on the other, they could be ruthless and not care about those they hurt to get what they want.

"I'm not sure," I said, as I bit down on my pen. "Maybe it's neutral."

Ginny rolled her eyes as she leaned down to pick up a small stone, "Nearly everything we have written down so far is in the neutral column." She tossed the rock and watched as it skimmed across the water, leaving ripples in its path, "We can't just have a list with barely any pros or cons on it."

My eyes traveled back down to the parchment, ignoring the obvious difference between the middle section and the other two surrounding it. It was already a given that when dealing with a Slytherin, you needed to be careful.

There were plenty of people I knew, alive and dead, that had gotten their hearts broken by a Slytherin during their time here.

And on top of that, this was Zabini and Malfoy we were talking about.

My redheaded friend looked down on her towel and waved her wand, levitating her parchment to write something down.

I looked up at her, "What are you adding?"

"There was something I just remembered," she said, glancing over at me as she clicked her pen, "they're both pretty strong."

I nodded as I remembered the incident between Ginny and Blaise in the classroom the other night. Without warning, Blaise had tossed that desk aside like it was made of plastic.

Something near my stomach stirred.

Was Mafloy able to do that?

The cat looked over at me and I shook my head as I looked back down at my lap, ignoring the strange feeling that was now starting to spread out across my body. 

I cleared my throat. "Which column?"

She groaned and plopped down next to me, "Probably neutral again."

"Okay," I murmured, as I scribbled down the new bullet point. Meanwhile trying to ignore the curiosity of what Malfoy was capable of that was now replaying in the back of my mind.

Ginny looked over at me and sighed, unaware of me noticing through my hair. She watched me for a few moments, almost as if she were contemplating saying something.