chapter 10

Battle over Zeridian

The battle seems to be in favor for the terrans as many of the separatist ships have been lost and some of their remains fall down to the planet.

Right now sly was taking out another squad of fighters before his commander started talking over the comms.

"We've got a problem. The separatist has landed troops on the planet somehow. They are attacking some of the cities." The commander says shocking the entire group to their core.

"How is that possible? We've held them back and any of their attempts to break through has failed." A random pilot says in disbelief.

"We don't know how they landed troops, but are mission has changed. We are to support any of our ground troops and eliminate any build up of hostiles on the planet." The commander says as the fighter group exits or finishes their battle in space before making a course towards the planet.

Sly making his way towards the planet looks up as parts of a separatist ship falls towards the planet heading towards the ocean until he realizes how they are sending troops to the ground.

"They are using their destroyed ships as a way to make it to the surface. They never intended to win the battle in space. We've been fooled from the start." Sly says over the comms.

"That does seem to be the only logical way they were able to get their troops on the surface." The commander says in thought.

"I'll have to tell high command about this possiblity. The rest of you your orders have been given. Destroy any hostiles and get them off our planet." He says before getting off the comms as they fly towards the planet.

On the surface of Zeridian

On the beaches near one of Zeridians major cities a mass amount of droids were marching on the beaches toward the city as many trident class ships were flying out the water before landing troops behind them.

On one of the ships general grievous can be seen walking out as he watches his troops March towards the city.

"Kill them. Make them suffer." He says laughing maniacally before coughing multiple times.

As they are going towards the city a perimeter was set around the city by the terrans as they try to defend it as the droids start firing at them.

General grievous seeing this starts walking towards them before going faster and taking his lightsaber out and begin to clash with them.

"What is that thing!" A Terran soldier yells before firing at him as the general brings his weapon up slicing him and his team to pieces.

"He has lightsabers. Keep your distance from him an- ackk." A Terran soldier trying to warn his troops about him only to get his neck held by the general as fast as lighting. A loud crack can be heard as he breaks his neck and throws his now dead corpse to the side.

"Kill that bastard!" Another Terran soldier yells with anger in his voice as he watched him kill a soldier before firing his weapon at him.

This of course did nothing since his armor could withstand blaster fire and even explosions with only minimal damage done to him.

While general grievous and his troops advance on the terrans in a full blown battle a radio operator in the back contacts their base for support.

"We are losing ground on the beach head. We need reinforcements out here now or this city will be overrun." The operator says desperately as the defending troops are slowly being killed.

"How are you losing against them already? Intelligence said that your group should have held on the beach longer against those droids." Someone in the others side says.

"It's not because of the droids. They have some kind of cyborg with them and it's slaughtering everyone in it's way." He says starting to get annoyed.

Multiple gun and blaster shots can heard with the screams of men as the sounds of lightsabers slicing flesh comes closer to the operator.

"He's coming my way. We don't have much time. Bring whatever you can down here." The operator says with a little fear in his voice.

"We'll bring a Spartan to your location. Just hold on a little longer help is on the way. I say again. Help is on the way. Respond if you received this message." He says but the only response he gets from the operator is his painful scream before a lightsaber can be heard slicing through flesh before the comms with the operator shuts off.

The operator on the other side only sighs painfully closing his eyes before opening them and speaking to his commanding officer.

"Sir our forces at the beachhead has been lost." He says informing him of the events that just happened.

The commander only nods his head before walking towards a fleet of transports that are about to takeoff. Beside one of them a Spartan can be seen waiting for his orders as he checks his weapons.

"Master chief. Identity who this cyborg is and push these invaders off the planet." A commanding officer says to the Spartan holding a hologram of what he looks like.

"If you are able too. Bring him back alive. He may be the only person able to tell us why they attacked us." The commander says.

"Considered it done sir." He says before walking on a pelican while he is holding an assault rifle with an energy sword clipped to his waist.

As the pelican takes off multiple other pelicans and support ships take off as well as they travel towards the city to try and push back the invaders.

"They want war. Then we'll give them one." A marine says watching as their task force speeds towards the battlefield.

Terra

At the home planet of the terrans the infinity can be seen in a huge dock as it is being inspected and the ships that it had are being repaired.

On a giant space station a high ranking general can be seen overlooking the Intel that captain lasky brought back from his mission. As he is doing this a random Terran officer walks up to him and whispers in his ears.

What he says causes his eyes to open up wide before he calms down narrowing his eyes.

"Tell captain lasky that I have one more mission for him." He says as the officer turns around to tell lasky.

"It seems we have another faction to put down." He says looking out the window towards a ship being built.

"The project will have to be pushed forward." He says eyeing the ship thinking about how it will change the war.

" He says eyeing the ship thinking about how it will change the war

"And once it's done. They won't stand a chance against us. Not like they couldn't in the first place." He says smiling to himself with his hands behind his back.