chapter 1

You wandered through the gigantic doors of the pizzaplex and stumbled up to the front desk. Tony sat behind it looking like a zombie with his heavy black doc Martins planted firmly on the desk with his head flung back and his mullet dangling behind him. You could hear the the music from his headphones blaring from where you were you were standing apart from that everything was silent.

"You're early." He grumbled. "So are you." You replied, yawning. Your cousin, Tony worked the front desk in the morning thanks to his girlfriend - who worked the nightshift - she had a bit of sour face, you've only seen her once or twice; never actually met her properly, thats probably a good thing because judging by her face - she doesn't seem to be to fond of you.

"Your name badge is there or something... and your uniform is in the ballpit..." Tony muttered without moving an inch

"The ballpit?"

"Yea"

"Why?" Your face shifted curiously.

"Cause i put it there" he deadpanned.

"Why did you do that?" You sighed, slighly annoyed at his silly prank.

"Dunno, its funny." He let out a chuckle and twirled his chair around.

You roll your eyes and walk around behind the desk snatching your name tag and security pass. Scowling at him, in one fowl swoop kick the swivel chair out from under Tony and started bolting to the daycare.

"Dont you fuck this up for me (y/n)!!!"
Tony screamed from behind the desk slamming his fist on it not bothered to chase you.

"No promises, asshole!" You reply, walking backwards with your arms behind your head. A cheeky grin without an ounce of remorse for your little devious act of rebellion. 'Payback for beating me up as a kid' you though to yourself justifying your actions in your own twisted way...

You swing open the doors to the daycare and go straight to the ballpit to get your uniform. Searching turning out to be more diffucult than you imagined. You grab the funky coloured duffle bag out of the pit, sighing once again at the absurdity of his prank.

You look around for somewhere to get changed. Among the neon spew around you there didn't seem to be anwhere to get changed. You yawned, you were too tired to care. It was 7: 00 am and you've been up since 6: 00.

"Besides whos gonna see me' you said to yourself. Thats what you thought - but the universe had other plans.

You take your uniform out of the bag - it was a brightly coloured (dress/jumper and shorts). That looked like a packet of crayons threw up on it. You began to get changed when you hear a voice from above the ballpit

"HOO HOoo!"

A brightly coloured object came flying down from the small stage a couple inches from the gigantic ball pit. You can hear it swimming through the sea of violently colourful balls getting closer and closer - you panic and freeze.

The rummaging stops.
You accept your faith.
Death by embarrassment.

"HELLo New FRiend!" The creature said putting its gloved hands on your face. You freeze panicked. The creature looked up, down, up again and then down. A sudden panick erupting from it;

"AHHHHH AAHHHH new FRIEND WHERE ARE YOUR CLOTHES!!!!"

They take their hands back to cover there red blushing face sinking back into the ballpit of shame.

"I COULDN'T FIND THE CHANGING ROOMS IM SORRY!! I WORK HERE AND THIS IS MY UNIFORM AND I-" you blurt out trying to explain yourself but you were to flustered to any make sense.

"NEW FRIEND!! YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ASKED!!! ILL SHOW YOU!!!" They sprung up out of the ball pit with one hand covering there eyes and the other pointing sideways.

You wrapped your jacket around you to cover up a bit. They take your hand and carry your bag and began skipping to the room trying their best to avoid eye contact.

From what you could tell this creature was actually a tall brown haired boy also in his uniform. He looked about 2 years older then you. He must really like this job to be here so early and awake. His uniform was jester like with poofy trousers and extravagant frills with bells on his arms and legs. How... cute...

"Whats your name new friend?" He asks staring at the ground. Filling the silence.

"Its (y/n) whats yours?" You say still holding his hand walking past the play structures.

"Oh I'm Sundrop! But you can call me Sunny!" You let out a little giggle before he starts talking again.

"(Y/n) why does it say starlight on your uniform if your name is (y/n)?" They asked, twitching their head to the side.

"Huh i dont know maybe its the characters name, like a stage name maybe?" You guessed.

"I like that name its cute it matches mine! We could best friends with matching names! How cool is that!!" Sunny blurted ecstatically handing you the bag and opening the door for you.

You say your goodbyes and he skips away jingling the bells on him as he walked.

You shut the door and got changed into your obnoxious craft vomit sky themed clothing and your company issued white and blue knee highs. You looked in the mirror and thought you might as well go all in.

You began putting you hair up and started drawing little stars on your cheeks. It made you feel like a kid again. You looked ridiculous but you were happy. You chuckled to yourself, admring your new look.

While adding the finishing touches to your outfit you hear bells coming back towards you and then leaving soon after. How strange. Maybe he was checking on you?

You quickly finish buckling your shoes and peek outside, 'weird... they're nowhere to be found' you thought.

You look down and see a can of fizzyfaz and a folded piece of paper attached to it, stuck on with tape.

It read 'soRry i SeEn Y0u wiTh no cLothEs sTarLight l0vE SUNNY XXX' it was written in crayons with glitter sprinkled on it there was what looked to be a drawing of sunny and a shiny thumbs up sticker beside it.

You took the note of the can and opened it. It tasted like liquid diabetes. It was delicious you drank every drop. You filp over the paper
To reveal the second half of the note

'I d0nt meAn thAt iM s0rrY i SeEn yOu wiTh0ut cl0thEs. Y0ur veRy pReTty. I D0nT wAnt yoU to bE uNc0Mfy :)"
Its so sweet you could cry.

A bell rings and you hear the hoard of children lined up outside,You scrunch the note into your pocket and make your way to the daycare check in desk to start your first day! How exciting...