five

Agathokakological

(adj.) composed of both good and evil

☆☆☆☆

(15 years old Azrael)
Next Day-

This morning I woke up with a bright smile, cuddled up with her.

Rosie was back from France yesterday. My grin widened at the thought.

Remembering yesterday's conversation with mom, my smile turned into a frown.

I will have to go back to Greece. 

And not for a while, but for two years this time. 

I was just 5 when the Chinese Mafia had kidnapped me. It was then, when I met the most adorable girl. I spent three years of my life there. But only because of her presence, I was able to pass that time. I knew I had to stay strong for myself, for my parents and for her.

I was tortured both mentally and physically. Whips, scars, marks, hot iron burns, burnt cigarette marks litter my body. 

No one except Maxim and the boys know about Rosie's life there. I know because I was her cell mate. 

Rosie was just 4. She barely remembers anything about her biological family. All she was told by the Chinese was that she was willingly sent there by her parents for being born as a girl.

They would play recordings of a female voice cursing at her. She knew that voice, but couldn't put a face to it.

After years of torture, she has forgotten all about her biological family. The trauma she suffered, cleared out all the old memories from her mind. 

But, now she wants nothing to do with them. She never tried to find them. Why would she? 

When her family would want to have her killed, then why would she go back to them? 

She still has nightmares but now with Maxim and his sons, she has them less frequently. 

In that cell, we were always together, so over time we bonded. We're best friends now. 

She keeps me sane. She was there with me at my worst and now with me at my best. Although she didn't choose to be there in that cell, but somehow we stuck with each other even after so long. 

That day when the building was bombed, we almost lost each other. 

But, I had already escaped before it ended up in flames. 

We finally ran away from that hell hole, after freeing up all the captured people. 

Before the police could take us along with them, we had fled away from the scene. 

For two years we were on the streets. Young kids faced the dark realities of the world.

The deep secrets hidden within underground fight clubs and street racing came onto the surface.