Back on Track

"Dream!" Sapnap said. I caught sight of Sapnap stepping back in front of the glass door as I stepped around the corner of the massive room towards the far window.

"Sapnap! It's so good to see you!" Dream said, with a tone of manipulative enthusiasm.

"What are you doing in Las Nevadas, Dream?" Sapnap asked.

I began trying to wedge open the massive glass pane somehow, but it wasn't budging.

"I came to see you! Do you have my armor?" Dream asked, cutting straight to the reason he was here.

I let out a breath of relief. He didn't know I was here.

Yet.

"I don't think that's a good idea Dream." Sapnap said.

"What do you mean? It's my stuff." Dream said, loosing the fake joyful tone in his voice.

"Dream you were in prison! You broke out. I can't just give you you're armor?" Sapnap said.

"It's mine. Just give it back and you won't see me again. No one will." Dream said. "I'm leaving, I'm going to go far away and let things cool off."

"Really?" Sapnap asked with skepticism in his voice.

The window wasn't going to budge. I'd just have to wait it out.

"Is that why we found Y/N pinned to a tree with your sword?" Sapnap asked.

Shit.

You really had to use that as an example?

"What." Dream said in a now threatening tone. "Is she here? Right now?"

"No. She left hours ago." Sapnap said.

"Then it's fine if we go into the room right behind you then, right?" Dream said. "You seem to be guarding that door awfully close."

Sapnap paused.

I had to go. Now. I pulled my sword out of its sheath and turned it around, holding jt by the blade. I rammed the hilt into the glass pane, shattering it into several hundred pieces.

"What was that?!" Dream asked. Before I could hear Sapnap give a response, Dream said, "move out of my way."

I quickly climbed out over the side of the building, my feet balancing on the several thick pipes that lined the outside of the building. I quickly moved over away from the window, my hands clinging to whatever I could find on the smooth walls. It took me about 10 seconds too long to realize I was on at least the seventh floor of this building and no longer 100% immortal.

I made my way carefully around the corner of the building, and I could faintly hear Dream in the room I was stood in only moments again.

"Hours ago, huh?" Dream asked. "If you were anyone else Sapnap, I'd kill you right now. But that doesn't mean I won't visit Kinoko Kingdom."

"No- you won't." Sapnap said. The conversation trailed off and I presumed they had left the building in pursuit of whatever location they were talking about.

I waited an agonizing ten minutes to try and ensure he was gone and not waiting for me to come back, before slowly shimmying back to the broken window, and inside, falling Tommy knees.

When I looked up, I saw a pair of shoes in front of me. I looked up quickly, assuming Dream had waited longer than anticipated.

But it wasn't Dream. Or Sapnap.

It was the other boy from earlier. The one that Sapnap seems to have tension with.

Karl.

"Um...would it be considered rude to ask why you were hanging on the side of the building?" Karl asked. He was wearing a multicolored hoodie with a green swirled design in the center. Strange apparel to wear during constant war but to each their own I guess. Along with it, he had googles with colorful lenses and a steampunk-like appearance to them.

"Hello?" He said again, waving his hand in front of me.

"Sorry." I said, standing up. "You're Karl, right?"

"Yep, that's me. And what is they said your name was? Y/N?" Karl said. "You were in pretty bad shape when you came in. But seeing as you were just hanging on to the side of a twenty story tower, I guess I can see how you can get into such predicaments."

Karl stuck hour his hand, and my initial reaction was reaching for his sword. Karl looked confused, and I met his eyes. He looked at me and then off to the side for a brief moment. He lowered his hand slowly.

"If I wanted to hurt you, don't you think I would've just did it? You know, instead of making friendly conversation?" Karl asked.

I used to think that.

Until BadBoyHalo.

And Dream.

Even Wilbur.

"You would think, wouldn't you?" I said under my breath. I sighed, and stuck out my own hand. Karl smiled, and shook my hand.

He began to lead me out of the building.

"Wait." I said at the doorway.

"He's gone, y/n." Karl said in a calm tone

I looked over to Karl in surprise. He nodded reassuringly, and pushed open the glass door. We walked in silence and took the elevator down to the first floor.

"Why even bother helping me at all?" I asked. I was genuinely curious. Not many people in the world did anything for free.

Karl remained silent for a long moment, as if he was trying to remember something from many years ago.

"You remind me of someone." He said. "That's all."

Karl walked with me to the exit of Las Nevadas, and gave me a map that explained my location.

"Where are you going now?" He asked.

"To find Tommy." I responded.

"You really care about him, don't you?" Karl asked.

"He's the one person who hasn't changed with war. The one person who doesn't try and use others for his own gain or get involved with government and tyranny. And, he's my friend." I said, pausing for a moment.

"And, I guess, he reminds me of someone too."

A/N

Hello everyone! Sorry for delay in updates. I'm trying to stretch out releasing chapters till we have new lore relevant to this story.

Let me know what you all think about a run in with Foolish and DreamXD and how that could go. I'm not the most informed on their lore other than the statue Foolish recently built and his immortality.

ALSO: I want to create another DSMP book along with the three I'm working on😂

So, give me any and all ideas of what this could be.
- I most likely want it to be a Y/N story.
- I'd rather not do a reader x (person) just because I don't think the cc's are comfortable with that, and I prefer adventure/action stories :)
- let me know any family relationships, story points, or literally anything!! Thank you:)

Don't forget to check my other two(soon to be three) DSMP books when waiting for updates on this one!

Byeeeee