Warm Welcome

Hey bitches! Ready for a bitchy blonde to finally appear in the story?

Vote if you like the chapter and let me know what you think!

Follow me for updates on future chapters!

♥️ Happy reading! ♥️

After the lovely reveal that I dreaded thinking about, I collapsed tiredly in my bed. I was unable to do anything other than overthink. The whole situation made me feel as if my mind was in a blender. I prefer to call it a 'situation' instead of what it actually is. A nuisance... Now, one might say I was in denial and one would be right to assume that. Because being mated to the infamous hybrid sounded so ideal, yeah right.

I must have tossed and turned all night while sleep evaded me for hours on end. Once I finally fell into a deep slumber it was anything but peaceful. I was plagued by strange dreams that tortured me the whole time I was asleep. I was in constant pain as if I was dying over and over again, like a movie put on repeat, running in a continuous loop.

Unfortunately, my awakening wasn't peaceful either, mostly due to waking up drenched in cold water. I fell out of my bed, my fall somewhat softened due to the fluffy carpet next to the bed. I wouldn't admit it to the perpetrator that stood in front of me, but I was relieved. Waking up in a rather unpleasant way was still better than the dream that I surely won't forget any time soon.

I breathed deeply, trying to calm down my erratic heartbeat, it was a harsh awakening that was for sure. Looking around my room I saw the one only Caroline Forbes. She stood a few feet away from my bed, looking down at me with her arms crossed over her chest accompanied with a frown on her face. It was obvious that she was disgruntled but so was I, at least we were on the same page about our feelings.

"Really Care? You threw cold water over me? What the hell?!" I growled, but she just kept staring at me, her expression not changing one bit. I finally rose from the carpet and headed to the bathroom to dry myself. Taking my towel I quickly wiped the water, before I started freezing. If I was still clumsy, despite my werewolf side, then there was a possibility that I could get cold and I hated being cold.

Getting back in the room, I took the first clothes that I noticed. A white oversized button-up dress shirt and my high-heeled black boots. I took a black belt and wrapped it around my waist, when I was done getting dressed I finally faced Caroline once again. She was tapping her foot on the floor, and I sighed leaning on the wall. "Come on Care, the silent treatment won't work since you've already drenched me in cold water to wake me up"

She huffed looking away annoyed, but at least she finally decided to speak up "Do you know how it feels when one of your best friends ghosts you for over 4 months?!"

I looked away ashamed "I'm sorry Care..." she looked at me furiously, interrupting my apology "No! A sorry works when you forget to answer my message, not when you disappear for my life almost half a year!"

"I'm sorry, Care, I had no intention of hurting you, I was only trying to protect you from the mess that was going to happen" I sighed not knowing what else to say. She was right to be mad, but I couldn't change the past.

"You could talk with Ty and Jer, but not me, yeah right..." she muttered angrily, but I could feel her sadness as if it was my own. I came closer to her and enveloping her in a warm hug. She didn't move from her spot, but she didn't hug me back either. She kept looking away from me doing her best to hide her sadness. I spoke softly while explaining as much as I could.

"I went to see Jeremy because I knew that he would get hurt if I didn't do something about it. Tyler and I spent time together before the full moon. But you're right, I shouldn't have ignored you, please tell me what can I do to make this right?

She huffed once again but when she spoke her words were no longer filled with anger and sadness, instead she grinned mischievously "Well...I might forgive you if we go for a shopping trip right about now"

I chuckled knowing that she was only using this as an excuse to buy more clothes "It's a deal. When do you want to go?"

She smirked "Now."

I rolled my eyes at her eagerness but smiled and nodded nonetheless.

"Let me just get some stuff and we can go." Caroline nodded enthusiastically and headed downstairs "I'll wait for you in the living room. Do hurry up, Sera!"

I rolled my eyes at her bossiness, but it was soon replaced with a happy smile. Sometimes I forget just how much she likes to command everyone around her, but she sure was one of a kind. It's funny how something that might initially annoy you about someone, could soon become the thing you love most about them.

I took my talisman from the nightstand and put it on, I don't even know what made me take it off last night. Just like the first time I put it on, 14 years ago, it glowed violet once it touched my skin. I stared at the light mesmerised, the violet colour was the same as my hybrid eyes. Did it glow violet only because I was a hybrid or was there more to it?

"Seraphina, what's taking so long?" Caroline yelled from downstairs. Looking at the talisman reminded me of Rebekah's necklace. I pulled it out of my hiding spot and put it in my pocket. I wanted to return it to her as soon as possible. It was the only thing she had left from her mother and I'm sure it brought some comfort to her.

I looked around the room trying to see what else I needed to bring with me. Spotting my black leather jacket and my purse, I grabbed them and headed downstairs.

Caroline was typing frantically on her phone and I approached her slowly, noticing her worried expression I frowned. What was it now?

She met my eyes and grumbled "Did you know that Klaus compelled Stefan to turn off his emotions?"

I sighed messaging my forehead "Yes, Caroline, I know. That's yesterday's news."

She looked as annoyed as ever "Really, Seraphina? 'Yesteday's news'? How can you say that?"

I had these types of conversations with Bonnie too many times to count, so I got bored of them very quickly. Looking at her blankly I muttered "Because it happened yesterday? Plus, what do you expect me to do about it? I'm not a magician!

"You're a witch Seraphina, a hybrid at that!" her tone matched the annoyance that was etched on her face.

"If you need a witch then you should talk to Bonnie, not me, and if it's a hybrid you need then I'm sure the Orignal hybrid would be happy to help. Either way, you shouldn't be looking at me for help" I shrugged and headed out of the house, with a grumbling Caroline following right behind me. I ignored her complaints and walked to my car. Seeing my lovely black and white Range Rover I almost jumped with joy. I haven't been able to drive it for months, so the thought of driving it made me all giddy. Of course Caroline didn't quite match my excitement but I didn't let that discourage me.

"By the way, we'll be meeting someone by the mall" I stated oh so casually and Caroline suspicious eyes stared at me "Who?" the question sounded more as a warning than wonder but I ignored it and grinned.

"Rebekah Mikaelson."

Word count: 1340 words