Handle with Care

•Mystic Falls, Present •

Katherine clapped her hands after watching Nadia and I pulled apart. "Now that the two most important people in my life know each other, we better get a move on before Silas finds us." She announced, and began shoving some stuff into the duffle bag closest to her. But hearing her words made my heart flutter, even though I knew she only referred to the idea of me being her best friend, but it was enough for me.

I rolled my eyes, "Something we should have done in the beginning, like I said. But someone wanted to search for Stefan."

Katherine gave me a side glare, but continued doing what she was doing. Nadia groaned and I  turned and watched as she struggled to get up from the bed. As I watched her struggle, I quickly went by her side and helped her up. "She is right though, we need to getting moving, or else Silas will find us in no time."

I glanced up and down Nadia, "But you are in no shape to do anything. In all honestly, we need to get you fresh blood, especially knowing Katherine and what she is capable of when it comes to torture." I replied, adding a slight chuckle at the end. To think, even as a human, Katherine still manages to be great a torturing people.

Once again, Katherine gave me the side eye, "Not helping." She mumbled.

Nadia gave me slight push, telling me she could stand on her own. "I'll be fine. I just a couple more hours to heal and maybe a few more blood bags, but I'll be fine. Especially if I can just sit in the back of the car." She turned towards me. "Plus, you will be there to protect Katherine if the worst was to come."

Suddenly a phone went off and I turned towards the sound, only to find it was coming from Katherine. I gave her a confused look, "Whose calling you? And how would they have your number?" I questioned.

Katherine hesitated to answer, because she knew I wouldn't like the answer. "Stefan, but technically Damon."

I quickly sped in front of her, "Why did you call them? They will only use you!"

"I had to know if they found Stefan, now if you excuse me." Katherine answered and walked away to answer the phone.

I sighed in frustration and turned around and faced Nadia again. "She is going to get us killed, or worst, herself." I mumbled to her.

Nadia didn't have any expression on her face, "I think she knows what she is doing, Juliana."

I stared at her, she clearly didn't not know Katherine at all and her blind spot for Stefan and the unrealistic dream that they will fall in love with each other. "Then you don't know Katherine that well. She will risk everything for that asshole." I paused and continued. "Also, you can call me Julia, Katherine is the only one who still calls me Juliana."

Nadia nodded, "Noted." Before she could continued, Katherine graced us with her presences.

"And what do the two annoying brothers want now?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

Katherine ignored my question and focus her attention on Nadia, showing she didn't want to hear anymore of my comments. "We need to stop by the Salvatore's house on the way leaving town, Damon says there is something urgent and they need me."

I tilted my head at her comment, confused as to why Damon would need her. Something was off, but Katherine would never listen to me when it came to those brothers. "Why would Damon need a human Katherine? No offense or anything thing, but what help are you now? All you can do is give information." I commented.

Nadia spoke up as well, "I agree with her, what help could you provide?"

Katherine let out a deep breathe, annoyed with all the questions we were throwing at her.  "Doppelgänger stuff, you two wouldn't understand. Now let's go. Juliana, why don't you make yourself useful and gather all of our stuff and put it in the car. Also, you're driving." Katherine made her way over to Nadia and helped her out of the motel room and towards the car.