Chapter 1

Happy Times Always Come To An End

7 YEARS LATER

MY LITTLE SISTER JULIETA was born 2 years ago when my stepdad had first entered my life. My mom and he had a one-night stand and well...Juli was born. She was currently drinking a bottle of milk on my bed as I studied for a huge test coming up. 

"Camila! Donde estas?" (Where are you?) 

"En mi cuarto, Mama. Juli está aquí!" Juli looked up at me clasping onto my hair but I let her because she was so cute. (In my bedroom - Juli is here) 

My mother came into the room with a smile looking at her two daughters, but her smile became a frown when she came and sat down on the bed placing Juli on her lap. 

"I'm afraid I have some bad news, Hija" She stroked Juli's wild blonde hair- which she got from her father. (Daughter)

"I got a job offer back in Pinecrest, it's really good. It's a job as a volleyball coach and 9th-grade algebra teacher at the local high school, it had really good pay- it's a great opportunity for you to go back and reunite with some of your friends from back then-" 

"So you just want me to leave my whole life here in Spain? Again?" Juli stretched her hand for me to take. I grabbed it pressing a tiny kiss on her palm which caused her to smile. 

"Consider it a fresh start again, it's not such a bad thing if you think about it-"

"When do we leave?" 

"In 2 days" I scoffed in disbelief, I was supposed to just pack up my entire life in less than 3 days? Unbelievable. 

"Do you want me to help you pack?" Mama offered but I shook my head. 

"I'll be alright" And I really believed so. 

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

I was on the phone with my best friend Adrianna when I was packing my clothes the next day, "I'm gonna miss you, amiga" 

"Yo tambien, Anna" I responded, Adrianna was the only real friend I've made in my time in Spain. It's been a difficult 7 years. (Me too) 

But even so, I couldn't love my motherland enough. I placed my glasses on my nose, I had taken out my contacts a while ago and I couldn't care enough to put them back in. 

I continued folding my clothes as I talked with Anna on the phone. All gossip about Berto, the boy she'd been dying to ask out for the past 3 months, and about school work here and there. An hour later I finished and hung up the call.   

"Tomas!" I called my stepdad, I hadn't gotten comfortable calling him dad, nor was it not awkward enough to call him some type of nickname. The 6'1 blonde man entered my room after knocking.