01

"GET OUT, GET OUT NOW, I DONT WANT YOU HERE" he screamed at his three year old daughter.

She looked confused, tilting her head and stayed sat where she was,

he quickly grew frustrated with her confusion and grabbed her wrist, dragging her out and placing her on the side of a road in the cold, raining city of Brighton.

It had been a few hours, she was shivering and drenched with rain, but people kept walking past, ignoring the crying girl.

Wilbur:

Great, no fucking food; he walked over to his door, putting on shoes and a coat, walking out.

And its raining; how lucky am i

Wilbur was ten minutes into his walk, when he heard it, he heard soft, quiet whimpers from across the street, he looked around and saw a small girl, she looked way too young to be alone, especially in weather like this, with no coat... or shoes.

Was he really about to do this?

Yes, yes he was.

He walked over and sat down on the curb beside her, noticing that she was so much younger than he had expected, maybe 2 or 3.

"Hello, I'm wilbur, what's your name" he said in a soft voice, trying not to scare her "ch- ch- cha- char- lie" she stuttered, "that's a really pretty name, where are your parents Charlie" "d- daddy told me to stay here" she frowned sadly, she didn't completely understand what was happening, he was shocked, but he couldn't just leave her here alone, he could take her with him, but that would just be crazy, he noticed her shivering, he took off his coat and hat and placed them both on her, drowning her in fabric.

while he had a short argument in his head, he noticed she had something in her hands, "who is that Charlie" he said, pointing to the stuffed bear that she held,
"h- he's called b- b- billy" she sounded so scared, and that's when Wilbur knew he would help her.

"Hey Charlie, how about you come home with me and you can get warm" wilbur said, holding out his hand, she took it hesitantly, while they walked he noticed her looking up at him, he picked her up and saw that she was crying, "hey, don't cry, what's wrong" he said wiping her cheeks softly with his thumb.

"Tahnkyou mister" was the last thing she said before drifting off into a cosy slumber in his arms.

***

She was scared when she woke up. She had no idea where she was or what had happened to the kind man who had spoken to her yesterday; charlie walked down the hall and saw him sitting in the kitchen on his phone.

"M- mister, is my daddy gonna come get me?" Charlie said as she walked over to him, tugging on his shirt so he would notice she was there. He placed down his phone and lifted her onto his knee, "well, your daddy was a bit mean to somebody and didn't want to upset you, so your gonna stay with me for a while" he said calmly, he couldn't tell her the truth, that her dad had abandoned her in the cold and rain, he couldn't do that.

"O- okay mister" she replied, still hugging her bear, "you can call me Wilbur or will if you want" Wilbur said softly as he watched her eyes glance around the room, looking at everything like it was the most interesting thing in the world. "okay w- Wilbur"

***

Wilbur had been to the shops and bought a few things whilst charlie was asleep, he had to google what to purchase, but in the end, it all worked out fine, he had even bought her a new stuffed toy that looked like a bunny, and he couldn't resist the urge to get the other bear that was giant, it was almost as large as him, but he was sure she would love it.

He wasn't sure which bed to buy, so he just decided to keep the double bed that was in there and buy new sheets; she looked comfy in his double bed when he put her there, so surely it would make the most sense to leave it that way.

He filled the drawers with clothes, and he bought a few toys that she could play with; he put the stuffed animals on top of the bed, the giant bear taking up most of the space there.

"Charlie, I have a surprise for you," he said, grabbing her hand and leading her up the stairs slowly to the guest room, telling her to go in; she would except she couldn't reach the handle, Wilbur opened it for her, letting charlie push open the ...

"Charlie, I have a surprise for you," he said, grabbing her hand and leading her up the stairs slowly to the guest room, telling her to go in; she would except she couldn't reach the handle, Wilbur opened it for her, letting charlie push open the door to see her new room, she instantly ran to the bear, and climbed onto the bed, she was tiny compared to it, Wilbur walked over and sat next to her, chuckling lightly he tapped her shoulder, she was hugging the bear while looking around the room. "Do you-" before Wilbur could finish his sentence, he was hugged tightly, hugging back; he looked at the girl who had buried her head in the crook of his neck and wrapped her arms loosely around him, "thankyou papa" she mumbled, her voice being slightly muffled because of his shirt, but he had heard it, he had heard it perfectly,

He was a father...