EPILOGUE: A Warning

It was a cold day on Mors Hill, an icy breeze blowing through the snowy streets, as clouds blotted out the sun. A young woman with black hair and pale skin was shopping at the local store.

"Here you go! Two hot coffees, one with extra sugar, and donuts to go!" The man behind the counter said, giving the young woman breakfast.

"Thanks!" The young woman said, before turning around and leaving the store.

The girl reached an unmarked car, and opened the door with food in one hand, an adult Liu sat in the driver's seat, wearing a dress shirt and tie.

"Took you long enough, Jane."

"Hey, the line was long!" Jane said, as she closed the door.

"Aren't you cold? It's like three degrees below zero." The young woman continued.

"No." Liu said.

The radio suddenly came on.

"All units to Raughter State Park, we have calls for a body near the Slender Man statue."

"Copied, we're on our way, we're close." Liu said as he turned on the car and the police lights.

"10-4."

Liu started the car at full speed and approached the park. The partners got out of the car and approached the statue in the center of the park. Hanging from the statue with ropes was the corpse of a man, full of torture marks and ax wounds all over his body. On his chest, there was a message carved into the bloody skin.

"THE FLOOD IS COMING. JOIN THE ARK."

"Fuck..." Liu said, as he stared at the bloody scene in astonishment.