Twenty Three || Those Six Words

"You jerk! I hate you" I yell at James.

"Don't act like your perfect Vena!" he shouts back from the other side of the kitchen.

I glare at him, "I'm not!" I yell, "At least I can control myself".

He scoffs, "Hardly. You can't resist my body" he smirks.

I throw my hands up, "Seriously?! You're making egomaniacal remarks during a fight?!" I yell bewildered.

"You know it, Babe" he smirks.

I could feel the steam coming out of my ears. This whole fight started earlier today when my brother, Orlando decided to drop by for a visit.

Earlier this morning...

The sound of my hone was what woke me up.

"Mm. Hello?" I say sleepily into the phone.

"Good morning Vena" my brother greets me.

I sit up, making James's arms fall off me. "Good morning Orlando" I reply.

"Listen I have the day off and I want to come see you and your new apartment, so is 11:30 okay?" He asks.

My eyes widen. So many things could go wrong if he wanted to come over here. Mostly James, that's really the problem.

"Vena?" James's husky voice wakes me up.

I put my finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. He gives me a confused look but then notices my phone.

"Vena? Are you there?" Orlando asks.

"Yeah, um could you come closer to noon?" I run a hand through my hair.

He chuckles, "Why Vena, you got a one night stand over?" he asks, amusement flowing through his voice.

Well that was the last thing I thought was going to come out of his mouth.

"No...I just have a few things to do this morning" I lie.

"Alright, noon it is. See you then. Bye" he says quickly.

I nod even though he can't see me. "Okay bye" and the line goes dead.

I smack James's shoulder, "Get up" I urge him.

He shakes his head and snuggles his face into my side, "No Darling. I am good right here".

"No James, you have to get up. My brother is coming over in" I glance at the clock, "An hour" I say.

He shoots up in his spot and looks at me wide eyed, "Which one?!" he asks, starting to get out my bed.

I look at him confused. "Orlando..." I trail off.

His jaw drops. "ORLANDO?!" he yells.

I nod. He runs a hand through his hair. "Oh lord" he mumbles.

I walk over to his hunched stance and place my hand on his back, "What's wrong?" I ask gently.

He stands up looks at me, "I'm living with you, Vena. That means that he will find out that you are living me, James Henderson" terror runs through his eyes.

Realization comes to me. He was right. Orlando was extremely protective towards me because of the fact that I am his baby sister.

"Alright it's fine, James. Calm down. He was going to find out sooner or later" I tell him.

Worry starts to leave his face, "You think so?" he asks.

I nod, "Yes, but could you get dressed and tidy up?" I start to head for the door but am stopped.