Sister bond

I went down to see Morgan already waiting for me with my board and the paddle.

" why're you wearing shoes if we're going paddle boarding?"

"Because I'm going paddle boarding. Your just gonna sit on the board and talk to me." I responded quite matter of factly.

Morgan didn't even try to argue back cause she knows I'm right.

I always am.

We went out through the patio door that connects to the living room and made our way down to our dock.

I took the surfboard from Morgan and placed it down into the water making sure do that it doesn't float away. I let Morgan get on first so it would be more balanced for me to stay standing up.

She has both legs on either side of the board and is holding the paddle for some more balance.

Quickly I slide out of my converse and make my way onto the board with my shoes in my hand.

Once I'm on I switch with Morgan so now I have the paddle and she has my shoes.

She's sitting on the front of the board facing the back so she can see me and it would be less awkward than talking with your back towards the person you're talking to.

~~~~~~

"Hey Maddie?" Morgan asked looking up at me. She sounded serious so I look down at her before I stop paddling and give her my full attention.

"Yea?" I carefully crouch down so I can sit criss cross across from Morgan.

"If you don't mind me asking, how come you helped those guys yesterday?"

I took a few seconds to think about her question. I looked down at my hands.

"I don-I don't know. They just needed help and I guess I-"

"That's not you though Maddie. You don't voluntarily help people. Yo-" she tried to tell me but I interrupted.

"That's not the old Maddie, Morgan. But it is the new Maddie." I paused and looked back up at her. "I mean that's why we moved here right? So I could have a restart and we could live a normal life away from all the superhero bullshit? I was known as the freaky math girl who lost her mom and got low Morgan. A-an-and now because of me you, mom, dad, and Peter all had to leave everything behind. It's all my fault. And the worst part of it is that people were constantly trying to hurt us because The Tony Stark is our dad. And we lived with the avengers. I was always getting into trouble. I mean dad doesn't even trust-he literally has S.H.I.E.L.D agents crawling everywhere watching over me just so I don't get into trouble."

My voice started to break half way through and I adverted my gaze back down to my hands. I could feel the tears in my eyes.

Morgan leaned forward to give me a hug. She was rubbing my back and whispering things into my ear like "it's ok" or "it's not your fault that we moved" but I know it's not true and she's just saying that to make me feel better like everyone else does.

But when Morgan does it- it helps. I guess it's just a sister bond right? We've always been able to make each other happy.

It's been awhile since Morgan and I had a moment like this. Our moments are usually happy but, we have our fair share of sad ones.

And of course like always they always always get interrupted by something but, this time it was interrupted by someone.

"Hey Maddie!"

XoXo,
Lani❤️