Tahno

[A/N]: This story involves you (the reader) and Tahno (remember him? The leader of the White Falls Wolfbats? Nah he wasn't too important). It takes place at Varrick and Zhu Li's wedding reception/ gala to celebrate the Avatar and her friends after they defeat Kuvira. You are a waterbender from the foggy swamp, and the two of you have the time of your lives dancing, bending, and then some.

One update: This one was written a whiiillleee ago, so it will not be as good as the others. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Thanks again for reading my lame stuff.  ٩(◕‿◕。)۶
________________________________

You listened to the hum of people milling about, feeling the vibrations of talking, music and life itself buzz through you, beating in your chest in tune with the beating of your heart. The ice blue, almost glass like decor filling the open aired space in which you swayed back and forth, enjoying the blissful trance-like atmosphere of the gala sparkled with each flicker of torch light that reflected off green tinted crystalline structures. Women in red, blue, green, every color imaginable swirled around you, their sweet perfumes mixing with the smell of salt from the sea air. The wind moved through your hair as you breathed in, smelling the fire, the smoke, the mixes of foods from across the four nations.

You were so happy to have been invited to the reception. Varrick and Zhu Li were really inspiring people. Sure they made it a city-wide event, one to coincide with a new era of peace and love. Sure, "everyone was welcome" but to be on the dance floor, so close to the heroes of the battles that had been fought, that was a true gift from the spirits. (It did help that your family ran into Korra during her travels. She had spent time in your part of town. Plus the city kind of owed you. Kuvira had tried to uproot your home. Quite literally.) You spotted mako, a stoic looking, handsome, "bad boy" kind of looking guy, standing next to a girl with short dark brown hair and a beautiful brown skin tone wearing a dress of various blue tones. The avatar, Korra. They went out, you knew that. You weren't sure which person you were jealous of more. You noticed they seemed to be smiling at each other. Then, Korra left, walked towards the sea, leaving mako alone. You noticed a girl wearing a firey satin scarlet red dress perk up, and then slowly walk after Korra. Asami Sato. She was gorgeous.

You decided not to introduce yourself to mako (as he looked as though he wanted to be alone and you sensed his personality to be less than pleasant when he wasn't in the mood to socialize). So, you moved toward the drink bar, and plopped a few ice cubes into a glass, and poured a mix of water and flowers into it, and quickly gulped it down.

"Thirsty there?" A half-too-deep half-too-high voice noted behind you.

You almost spat the water out, and veered around. "Uh- yeah." You raised an eyebrow. "What's it to ya?"

"I'm just bored." The man, you noticed he was older, was wearing a sleek blue tunic, and his hair seemed to be meticulously styled. You fought the urge to run your hand through your air dried simplistic hairstyle. He nodded in the direction of the stage. "Just got through playin' my gig."

"Oh, you played the trumpet thingy."

He cocked his head to the side, and smiled crookedly. It was pretty attractive. "Yeah. I did."

You set your glass down and extended your hand. Unfortunately, you knocked the cup over in the process, and you quickly bent the water up, saving your shoes and the lower parts of the tablecloths. You shot the water over your shoulder into a trash bin.

The man arched his brows. "Impressive reflexes, um?"

"[your name]".

"Waterbender eh? What tribe you from?"