chapter 2

Friday 8:00am

You make it to the front doors just in time to see sunny drown in a sea of small children. "Hello my friends!!, hi hello!! You sure are excited this morning, hi! Hello!"
He was like a broken record greeting every single child in a 2 meter radius.
"Oh everyone meet my new friend (y/n)!!! " sunny turned and pointed in your general direction,and surprising absolutely nobody you were immediately swarmed "hi! Hello everyone!" You said sheepishly. You weren't expecting so many kids to be here this early, some people must really hate there kids. In a weird way you kinda envied them, it made you remember going to work with your mum on a Saturday and staying there all day listening to the same 3 songs sung by freddy and friends over and over till your mums shift was over.

"Okay friends!! Time to go play leave your shoes on the mat!!"sunny yelled distracting the hoard long enough for you to escape.

You walk over to the gigantic green mat to tidy up the innumerable amount shoes when you spot a tiny dark haired boy with big green eyes and freckles. He seemed to be struggling with his laces. You kneel down on the mat to be on his level.
"Hey buddy you need a hand with that?" You say in your best nurturing adult voice.
"No my mom said i need to learn to do it myself" he said with visible frustration painted all over his face
"I see, how about i tell you how to untie it? Would that be okay?" You ask with a kind smile
"Mmm okay" he said
"Pull this string out here, yep. Now pull that loop. See great job!" You say with a smile giving him a high five before saying "Now try the other one by yourself"
The kid was surprisingly smart and did it in one go
"Way to go superstar!" You say taking the kids shoes and putting them away
"Thanks (y/n) my mom isn't going to be angry anymore!" He smiled and huged you before running off to play with the others.

'Awww'you though to yourself before feeling a warm shadow behind you without giving you time to respond sunny scoops you up off the ground into his arm holding you under your armpits with ease.
"Great job with that kid (y/n)!! Your going to have so much fun here starlight!!" Sunny announced spinning you around in a circle before bringing you closer to his chest and nuzzling you with his head. 'Hes so soft' you thought to yourself getting lost in the moment,forgiving him for the lack of boundaries.
"Thanks sunny!" You giggled

He sits you up on the side of the ballpit and hops up beside you. Your feet are left dangling like spaghetti off the edge. Sunny on the other hand could almost touch the ground but choose not to, instead he opted to stand on the ledge pretending its a type rope. You got a proper look at sun for the first time. He had a soft baby face apart from a sharp nose and a tiny gap in between his front two teeth. He had what looked like a galaxy of freckles dancing across his nose with fluffy dark hair and deep green eyes that contrasted with his generally bright aura. He seemed to have a permanent smile on his face, maybe it only looked that way because of his dimples or maybe its his make up who knows, but it was cute...

You sat with sunny most of the day talking and laughing only taking breaks to actually do your jobs and look after the kids you two were really starting to become the best of friends. You even played in the ball pit and hide and seek with the kids.

It was snack time and doreen the lunch lady arrived with each lunch from the kitchen and 3 lunch packs for me and sunny. 'wait? 3 ?' That cant be right you thought to yourself. 'Maybe sunny eats 2? He is literally twice my height, it would make sense that he would-'
"Ohhh STarlightt look at that we got a juice box!! Its orange flavour my favourite!!" Your train of thought was interrupted by sunny and his loud juice box.
"Um starlight? Can you go check on our Friends? I have to go do a thing something um yes. Ill be back i pinky promise!" He said in a weird tone muddling up his words, sneaking away holding his pinky out and attempting to hide the spare lunch pack behind his back.

How strange,you followed him with your eyes it seems he was bringing it up to his little stage above the ballpit. You wondered what he was doing behind there. You grabed a pen from behind the security desk and wrote "check out stage" 'its better to investigate later on tonight.' You thought to yourself.