12: the smile

Hyunjin had different smiles and Felix desired to see each and every one of it.

yes i'm back! hooray! i finally got the inspiration to continue writing this. so while i'm apologizing for my absence, i hope you get to enjoy this chapter.

//

If someone had noticed the reddish marks right on the expanse of their necks, no one decided to speak about it.

Hyunjin nudged on him and linked his arms to his. With a small smile by Hyunjin's lips, Felix couldn't help but think about the night that they spent together.

"You look pretty, princess." Hyunjin mumbled against him. His warm breath bathed Felix's skin, marking him over and over again.

He would've laughed at how instantaneous Hyunjin changed when Minho entered the room, but there was something in the way Minho peered at the two of them that made him shrill. He forbade the need to laugh and focused on Minho.

He doesn't usually feel this naked, vulnerable, and liable. He wasn't one that would let someone cling on him like it's something dear for his life. He wasn't one to lean on Hyunjin's touch, signifying more of what they already knew about each other.

Every inch of him screamed. Every inch of him called for one thing.

"Hyunjin," he whispered as he looked at him. Hyunjin had a gentle smile and none of the guile. Hyunjin was just Hyunjin. "I told you to cover your neck."

Felix always thought that there were different smiles that Hyunjin wore for himself. There was one with the glints, mischievous becoming subtly oriented with the eyes that stared, boring deep into him. Eyes that weren't for the eyes only but more of their souls seeing each other raw and Felix somehow was able to witness those multiple times.

On another thing, there was also this smile. A smile that didn't happen quite often but a smile that Hyunjin wore in a fraction of second.

Felix always thought of that one particular smile from Hyunjin; that one particular smile that Hyunjin did when he shot one last look at Hyunjin before returning his gaze to the knowing eyes of the leaders.

"Had fun?" Minho asked with a smirk. There was no use in hiding.

Hyunjin was even more proud that he actually pointed at his neck and exclaimed with a shrill of delight, "What do you think, hyung?"

Chan would've done something; Felix knew that much. But Chan didn't. Chan's eyes dictated him to speak later. He would have so much to tell Chan and the rest.

But this time, he only focused on Hyunjin who took his hand under the table. He peered back at the smile on Hyunjin's face.

Felix always thought that there were different smiles that Hyunjin wore for himself. Another was one with much glow that resonated in the clarity of his twos. Felix couldn't understand it at first. Hyunjin wasn't supposed to be anything.

But whenever Hyunjin did that, he felt so much in his chest that he couldn't explain. He somehow felt full, felt more vital, his heartbeats were vigorous, rummaging in his chest—more, more, you'd like to see more—and it made him feel so much of Hyunjin.