The Cap's Birthday

Brief Description - ok so I finally decided on a name for The Avenging Angel which is Aurora (or Briar Rose y'all can comment which one you would prefer or if you think she shld just have both as nicknames etc but sticking with the Disney theme where the other doppelgänger goes by Cinderella she'll decide to do sleeping beauty themed stuff. And again red hair but wearing contacts so people can't see that her eyes are gold - also let's not get caught up on questions about logistics of whether she really would have been able to film everything in the time frame let's just let our imaginations go wild k? K!)

Final note - I am too lazy to write any dialogue but just pretend that Aurora is supposedly saying a little something about the inspiration behind each song on the "livestream" that is taking place as she uploads each song one at a time for everyone to watch along with - I just wanted to mainly list the album songs etc and video prompts so that you all get an idea of what Steve's (and the other Avenger's perspective is since they are also watching as well from wherever they are located)

Steve's POV

I sighed as I punched the bag in front of me, trying my best to distract myself. It was a few hours till midnight but I couldn't sleep. The emotions I was receiving from Skye through the soul bond was driving me crazy. Not only was I worried about her since knowing her she would have been smack in the middle of the drama when Hydra revealed themselves to be within Shield but other than a quick message back and forth I only had her emotions to go by and they were all over the place - and currently she was sending off some seriously intense sexual vibes I was just hoping that she was alone at the moment and not with someone else! It was bad enough that Bucky and I were going to have to share our soulmate with who knows how many other soulmates but if she already had a partner it wasn't going to help any of us considering she ran away from us every chance she got, though I couldn't blame her considering everything that had happened since we met. And on top of that, Bucky and I were still feeling guilty about attacking Skye. It was a good thing the super soldier serum made my body not need much sleep because I was barely getting any. Everytime I closed my eyes I kept remembering the moment when my shield had slammed into Skye.

I sighed and stomped off to run myself a cold shower. I frowned though as by the time I was done and toweling myself off, I could feel Skye's emotions take a drastic dive. Whatever was happening to her, it didn't seem good. I glanced down at the phone she had given me as it suddenly pinged and images of balloons filled the screen along with the words "Happy Birthday". It wasn't a text but she must have somehow rigged the phone to do that at midnight. I felt my heart warm at this though I had to remind myself that she had probably coded that before she gave it to me and before I had attacked her.

Bucky kept trying to convince me that Skye would forgive us but I was finding it difficult to believe. Suddenly another notification showed up on my phone - I and the other avengers had been following The Avenging Angel on social media (which Natasha had been kind enough to show Bucky and I how to use) ever since she had posted her video on top of Avenger Tower. Whoever she was she was both gorgeous, talented, and had earned several brownie points with us after pranking Tony and evading his radar for so long. I clicked the link in the notification and my eyes widened as I started to watch the stream.

I blushed several times as I found myself staring at Aurora. She reminded me so much of Skye and I couldn't help myself but picture Skye singing to me as I watched all the videos. I was deeply touched that Aurora had clearly put so much time and effort into helping people around the world get in touch with their loved ones for Fourth of July that meant more to me than any other gift I could have gotten. I had to take another shower though when it got to the 1940s era songs. My pulse was racing as I did my best not to picture Skye wrapped up in my arms. I payed out on the couch and watched the rest of the stream and by the end of it I had tears in my eyes. The next thing I knew I was out like a light.