Chapter 3: The Reunion Special (Segment 1)

The Reunion Special (Segment 1)

BODIES OF WATER
S1 E30 - Reunion Special
Close Captioned • Recorded Live

*COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT OF TELEVISION BROADCAST*

HOST: Good evening! And welcome to our Bodies of Water Reunion Special. We're coming to you live from New York City where it all began.

One week ago today, our cast returned from their month-long stay in paradise. They were paired off by our audience, voting along at home, based on only five minutes of conversation, and then flown directly to their seaside retreat. There, each couple stayed within the confines of their private beach bungalow compound with only each other for company for the next four weeks. They had no contact with anyone else—not even the other cast members taking part in our little experiment. Our couples were one-on-one, with no choice but to get to know each other intimately.

For some couples, it was a month of watery bliss. Others went their separate ways, and sent their relationship to a watery grave.

But today, they're back in the real world! Our couples backstage have not been allowed to see one another for the past week since they returned, so tonight is a reunion for each of them as well.

I know we're all eager to see and hear from them. With no further ado, let's start things off with the couple who had us all talking. Please join me with a warm welcome for... Jamie and Cora!

[Host applauds along with audience, as Jamie enters off-screen left and Cora enters off-screen right.]

HOST: Hello, you two! Welcome. Let's watch your journey together, and see how it all began.

[MUSIC PLAYS: Blank Space - Taylor Swift]

[Fade in to Jamie/Cora opening interviews, spliced together in rapid cuts]

JAMIE: Hi, I'm Jamie Bowen. I'm a model from London, England. I'm 27 years old.

CORA: Hi, I'm Cora. I'm 27 years old, and I'm a postdoctoral research fellow from New York City.

JAMIE: You might say I'm an international man of mystery.

CORA: I'm looking for a man with an average body temperature of 98.6 degrees.

JAMIE: I've been all over the world, looking for love in all the wrong places. I'd love to meet someone who appreciates the finer things in life.

CORA: Bonus points if he has a jacket, and he's enough of a gentleman to loan it to me when I dress inappropriately for the weather.

[Cut to close up of Jamie posing, in profile with chin resting on his hand, followed by an image of The Thinker by Auguste Rodin]