Chapter 2

As (y/n) plunged into the ball pit with a splash as they made contact with the colourful balls. They cringed at how loud the landing was but had to admit that it was still pretty fun. They heard another kid coming down the slide so decided to move to the middle back part of the ball pit where they could see kids running around and already having someone to play with.

(Y/n) didn't seem to mind being alone though as making friends hasn't always been the easiest for them. So needless to say they where quite content being where they where. The child remembered that Lia said that she was going to talk to the daycare attendant.

'I hope whoever it is is nice' and with that (y/n) spotted Lia and what looked to be.. a sun like robot? Now that they think about it they remember seeing a statue of a sun robot but wasn't there another one? A moon counterpart? 'If that's the sun one then where's the moon one?' (Y/n) got lost in thought but was snapped out of it when they saw the sun animatronic skipping towards them with a huge grin plastered on its face.

the sun dived into the ball pit once it got close to the edge. 'Woa!' (Y/n) was nervous to talk to a stranger. It's ok to talk to a stranger if it's a robot. Right? Right. 'Where did he even go-?'

"HELLOO NEW FRIEND!" sundrop appeared out of the ball pit, startling the poor child

"AHH!" the child screamed briefly out of surprise and started to tear up

"IM SORRY FOR STARTLING YOU!" he picked you up from under your arms "ARE YOU OK NEW FRIEND??" He then turned you every which way just to double check

"I-I'm ok. Who are you? Are you the daycare assistant? Please put me down" (y/n) mumbled the last part because they weren't confident enough so the robot couldn't hear the small child.

"My name is sun the daycare assistant! Sun for short of course! I have many nicknames like sundrop the kids love that one! But feel free to call me anything you'd like!" Sundrop walked out of the ball pit with you still being carried in his hands.

"Please put me down sun" (y/n) said louder this time so sundrop could hear it this time and hopefully put them down.

Sundrop was sad to put down his new friend, not being able to figure out why, but ultimately did as they asked. "Sorry I just get so excited! What would you like to do first new friend!?"

"Well um, what is there to do?" If (y/n) was being honest, they just wanted to sit in a corner and wait for their mother to come. But they didn't want to disappoint the happy robot.

"We could play tag, play on the playground,drink fizzy faz until our heads expLODE! Or! Or! We could finger paint! I even have glitter glue! and GOOGLEY EYES!"

'He seems to get more and more energetic' (y/n) thought to themselves in amusement 'finger painting sounds more quiet..'

"Finger painting sounds nice?" (Y/n) was already starting to forget their particular situation while with sundrop.

"GREAT!"

sundrop told the child to stay put while they got some supplies and put them all on a table tucked away in a corner. Then told little (y/n) to follow him and led the way to the table and showed them all the supplies.

'Wow that's a lot just for finger painting..'

"You must be feeling a bit sad about your mother and friends so paint something or someone that makes you super duper mega happy!" Sun said recalling what Lia told him not too long ago.

"H-How do you know that?" (Y/n) got upset at the reminder that she was left here alone without anyone she knows. Of course it wasn't their mothers fault, as she thought the party was today. (Y/n) was starting to cry at the thought of their mother not being around to comfort them.

"Woa hey don't cry sunshine. I'm sorry for bringing it up! Miss Lia told me what happened" sun was panicking at the thought of making you upset. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you close to his chest to give you a hug.

You calmed down and hugged back the metal robot however no matter how much you readjusted you just couldn't get comfortable so you decided to try break the hug. Sundrop didn't let you go so you started looking around for an excuse to leave the robot. Before you could think of anything you heard something tumble and looked in the direction of the noise to see what caused it to see that it was caused by some building blocked got knocked down. It seems that sun heard it too and looked as well before panicking once again.

"Oh no! Stay here sunshine I'll be right back! I've got to clean this up!" Sun said extremely fast to where you almost didn't understand what he said.

You took this as your cue to leave the area and run into the maze of a playground. In the distance you heard sun yell in a comedic way. "Which ones the bottom?! Which ones the top?! Clean up! Clean up!"

You smiled to yourself but you tried to hide it. You ran onto the other side of the bridge to the far side of the daycare where you where sure you could wait for your mum. You even had a clear view where you where sure you would see your mum and Lia walk through looking for you.

"(Y/n), sunshine, where are youu? I'm supposed to look after you!" Sun was looking all over for you. "Are we playing hide and go seek?"

You saw him starting to come over to your part of the playground so you decided to go down a slide and hide in the castle like towers. The child was still upset and just wanted to be alone for a while.

"Hey! You!" A random boy that seemed to be older than you was standing over you. Needless to say, you where scared of the intimidating boy. "Get out of here! This is my castle!" He was yelling at this point

You started to cry in front of this boy. Everything was just getting so overwhelming for you.

"H-hey don't cry" he didn't mean to make you cry. He felt bad now. "I'm sorry ok? Please don't cry. You can stay here I swear!"

"R-really?" (Y/n) was surprised at his sudden change in behaviour "you really mean it?"

"Yeah!" He said with a smile now "my names jack! What's yours?"

(Y/n) wiped away their tears "My name is (y/n). Nice to meet you jack.." the little child gave the boy a little smile from where they where sitting.

"Nice to meet you too (y/n). I love your name it really suits you, you know!" The boy smiled at you and sat next to you, his face tinting a light shade of red from doing so. You giggled at his bashful behaviour and he joined in too.

"Sunshine! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" both you and jack heard sundrop getting closer

"Did you hear that! It's sundrop! Let's go say hi!" Jack sounded excited to see his favourite robot. But just as he was about to leave you grabbed his wrist.

"Hey we can't go out there! I'm hiding from him!" You whisper yelled so only jack could hear you.

"Huh? Why?" Jack asked you. Confusion clear on his face. "Oh! Are we playing hide and go seek!?" He yelled out loud accidentally from excitement. He really didn't mean to give away where you where..

"There you are sunshine!" Sun exclaimed clearly happy to have found you. "Whose this?"

Words: 1330