Chapter 19

"It was just sex,"

"Incredibly sexy, hot, sweaty, brain chemistry altering sex," Normani clarified. "I still don't understand the story,"

"She got into an argument with her dad and I just wanted to comfort her," Lauren finished inserting her last grade of the semester.

"So... You comforted her by throwing some ass on her," Normani sounded amused by the whole situation. "Honestly, Laur, I have to give credit when it's due,"

"Jesus, it wasn't like that," Lauren scrunched her face up. "It was a one-time thing and definitely in the heat of the moment. It's never going to happen again."

"I told Dinah that back in high school after she went down on me at Steinfield's homecoming party and now look at us!" Normani wiggled her ring finger in Lauren's face. "Married with a mini-me on the way,"

"That's because Dinah is a good person and girlfriend to you," Lauren shoved her hand away. "Camila's only doing this because she has a point to prove. Two different scenarios."

"When's the last time you drove yourself to work?"

"That's not—"

"And when's the last time you had to step out for lunch?"

Lauren pouted. "You can't use that against me. She has a contract to uphold."

"I'm pretty sure the contract just says you have to fake it in front of the cameras, not while you're on an ice cream date thirty minutes out from the city."

"It's a good ice cream place. They have rocky road there!" Lauren said defensively.

"I'm saying..." Normani leaned in. "You fell face first for Camila Cabello. AKA America's Sexiest BIllionaire."

"I thought we were doing calling her that," the raven-haired woman grumbled.

"Maybe you were, but I never said anything," she grabbed Lauren by the shoulders. "She likes you too, you know?"

"No, she doesn't," Lauren barked out a laugh. "Have you seen any of the other women she's been with? I'm not her type."

Normani scoffed. "Do you know what her type is?"

"Skinny Victoria Secret models," Lauren sat back and pondered her thoughts for a moment before continuing. "I think she has a thing for blondes too,"

"Clearly she thinks you're attractive if her dick stands up for you,"

"Once again, it was the heat of the moment!"

"Lauren?"

She buried her face in her hands. "Oh, God, just spare me. Please, Mani."

"You like her," Normani bluntly phrased her sentence. "And she'd be a stupid woman not to like you back,"

-

"Thanks, Gwen, I'll see you when I get back." Camila loosened her tie. "Do you have any plans for the holidays?"

"Um, nothing too crazy, Miss Cabello. I'm just going to see my sister and nieces back in Tennesse."

"I'll have that bonus deposited into your account before Christmas comes, I'd be lost without you. I mean it."

Gwen felt her entire body tingle with joy. "It's an honor to be working for you, ma'am,"

"I'm going to head out now, but if my father asks where I am, just tell him to call me. I don't think he'll be bothering you, though." Camila pulled on her trench coat when her father steps out of his office, stopping her from going any further.