𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 54: 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑣𝑠. 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒

"We need to talk."

I looked over to Miguel and Sensei, who were watching from outside of Sensei's apartment. Miguel sent me a small nod, almost encouraging me. I took a breath and looked back at Henry.

"Of course." I told Henry, walking over to my apartment. He followed me over to my door. I unlocked the door and opened it. "We'll talk in here." I said.

Henry walked past me and into my apartment quickly. I watched him as he walked.
I was starting to get nervous about what he had to talk about...

I shut the door and looked over to him again. I thought about how to start the conversation.
"Uhm, how was your day?" I asked.

"Fine." He replied, saying nothing more. He leaned against the back of the couch; his hands on either sides of him while he tapped his fingers quickly.

It was silent between us. I wasn't sure what to say. He's the one who said we needed to talk, but he doesn't have anything to say?

"So... uh, is everything alri-"

"What did you do today?" He interrupted.

I was a bit taken back by his question. "Uhm, I just had practice today. That's all, really." I replied.

His face changed, and I knew something was definitely up.

He looked towards the ground, as I gently laid my hands on his arms and tried to look into his eyes.
"Henry, are you ok-"

"Were you with him?" He asked quickly, still not meeting my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and straightened my posture. "With who?" I asked.

He shook his head, before finally looking at me. "You know who." He whispered. I shook my head slightly and adjusted my stance. "Henry, I don't understand what you're saying..." I said.

He dug his hand into his pocket, not breaking our gaze. He pulled something out, and looked down at it for a moment. "Here, I found this," he said, throwing the small object and pushing past me.

I caught it carefully in my hands. I looked down to see a small printed picture.

The small piece of paper showed a picture of me, standing very close to someone else. My hand rested on the side of their face as our lips met. The person with me had a red Mohawk...

Guilt spread through me as quick as a forest fire. How did he find this? I don't even remember where I left this last...

I turned around quickly and tried to grab Henry's arm. He twisted out of my grip and stormed out of my apartment. "Henry, wait!" I yelled, running after him.

He continued to walk quickly through the courtyard. "Henry, please, let me explain!" I pleaded. He stopped walking and turned to me. He stared into my eyes, waiting for me to continue.

"Henry, he means nothing to me anymore. Nothing. I don't even know why I still have this..." I said, tossing the small photo aside.

"Henry, I'm with you. Not him."

"He's that guy from the hospital, isn't he?" He asked. I searched through my memories at the hospital, and remembered the time when Hawk saw Henry and I talking in the hallway. I silently looked down to the ground in shame.

Henry took one step back, as he ran his hand through his hair with a sigh. "You lied to me! You said you didn't know him!" He exclaimed.

"Henry, I-"

"Who is that guy?" He asked, pointing to the photo on the ground.

"He's just somebody that I used to know, I-"