Chapter 31

This chapter is dedicated to greyfarrell, hope your boyfriend gets better babe, lots of love!

Zayde had been gone for a while.

Three weeks to be exact, he called everyday, sent beautiful letters, but I still missed him immensely.

He spent New Years with us and then proceeded to join his uncle, the apparent other uncle, Pete, Devon and his grandparents in Elington, to take care of business and the mess we refer to as his family.

Before he left, he played a lot with Meadow, and brought her a special surprise.

The doorbell rang on a day in late January, and Meadow waddled over to the door with Steve in tow. He still had a few days before he had to go college again, and he was going to spend that time with us.

At the moment, we were back at Nana's, where I'd be for a while. So I was sitting on the counter in the kitchen, reading the letter Zayde had sent me this morning, that was scented with flowers and filled with love.

"...this place is effing amazing Fluffy. I really wish you were here. I can totally envision me, you and lovely Meadow living here in a cosy little house. We'd have a garden, a pretty one, with vegetables, need to keep my love bug healthy.

We'd also need space for Daisy, lost of room, we'll have to plan for that-"

Hold up.

Who's Daisy?

"-and we'll have a mini playground in the garden, with a swing, I know just how much you love swings luv, so I'll be sure to get that, I'd love to push you on it, I'd listen to your bloody beautiful laugh as you fly in the air- but not to high though.

My love, I wish to bring you here, I found a bloody gorgeous field here, I'll take you and Meadow here soon, I promise. I love you infinitely Fluffy, and our little princess too, I hope to see you soon. Definitely before your birthday next month.

Enjoy my present luv!

PS: Lots of kisses, lots and lots, EVERYWHERE!
;)

At that point, Meadow rushed into the room, giggling and squealing excitedly.

Clearing up my confusion, Steve entered the kitchen with a big grin and a beautiful little white puppy, probably a Jack Russell, in his arms.

"Mummy, mummy! Zaydey kept his promise! He brought Daisy! He brought my puppy! She's so pretty!" She squealed as she hopped on my body, wrapping her cute little arms around me, he giggles like melodies to my ears.

"She's gorgeous baby." I said to her as Steve smiled, petting Daisy as she barked happily, wagging her fluffy tail.

My heart warmed at the sight. Placing Meadow down on the ground gently, I wordlessly opened my arms, stretching for the puppy.

"She's so cute squirt," Steve said as he laid her in my waiting arms. "Zayde's a keeper." He added with a wink.

I smirked. "I know."

Focusing my attention on the captivating pup in my arms, I gently kissed Daisy's head as I petted her. Barking happily, Daisy licked my face as her tail wagged with joy.