Chapter VI

CAITLIN POV:

When I'm having trouble falling asleep or when I have a very important subject on my mind, taking a walk helps me a lot, so after a few failed attempts to fall asleep, maybe because of the simple lack of sleep or because of the argument I had with my mother , not an hour ago, I decided to go for a walk through the garden that was just a few minutes away from STAR Labs. After parking the car in one of the parking spaces nearby, I left my things in the trunk of the car and just took my cell phone and my headphones and continued my walk through the garden.

A short time later, when I'm already sitting on one of the benches in the garden, Barry appears, sitting beside me. Even though Barry was my patient for a while, now I consider him a friend and when I talk to him it seems like things get lighter, simpler, less complicated. I feel an enormous lightness!

The next few days have been pretty calm and so far we haven't had a single meta-human attack, which I know is a bit of a relief for Barry. He thinks I don't realize it, but I know every day he breathes out in relief when the day is over and we can all leave, knowing there's been no metahuman attack.

However the first battle between Team Flash and metahuman had arrived. As soon as we saw that Cisco's computer was giving the alert, I noticed that Barry was quite nervous, which was normal under the circumstances, so without thinking twice, I assured him that I would go with him to the place where the confrontation would occur. I was a little nervous, but knowing that Barry will be there to protect me makes me more relaxed.

After Barry finished putting on his superhero suit, which make him look very good, we headed to the Central City mall. Once we got there our priority was to get all the innocent people out of the place, so there wouldn't be any collateral damage, like what happened on Barry's last mission and after we got everyone out, I went to close all the doors and windows that the metahuman would be allowed to escape, while Barry would look for him.

I only have two corridors to finish my little task, when I hear something through the intercom that captures my attention 100%.

- And if I can't do this?

Barry was having a little panic attack and even though I wanted to run to him so I could calm him down myself, I knew the best thing was to finish my mission and then go to him, so I decided to try to calm him down by the intercom.

- You can do it, Barry. I believe in you and your abilities. You just have to put your fears aside and trust yourself.

- And if the past happens again....

- Remember what I promised you on our first day?

- Yes, you promised that it wouldn't happen again... That you wouldn't let that happen.

- So you trust me?

- Of course I trust you, Caitlin.

- So take a deep breath and trust me when I tell you that you can overcome this obstacle.

After this more "intimate" conversation of ours was over, I continued at a more brisk pace doing my task of closing all the doors and windows and when I was done, I ran to Barry so I could help him. When I arrived at the jewelry store I saw Barry on the floor, hurt, the manager and the jeweler's employee behind him and the metahuman wanting to shoot again some rays that came out of his hands.

It was then that a very strange feeling came over me... I wanted to save my old patient, my friend, the boy who brings me a feeling of calm and protection, but I couldn't because I'm just a normal person, without powers. But it was like I was turning into a completely different person right now. At that moment I felt a huge anger with everything and everyone, I felt a huge cold that took over all of my parts of the body and I saw that an icy breath came out of my mouth.

It was then that I looked at the glass that composes the windows of this jewelry store and saw my image, but a little different. Gradually, my hair stopped having my natural color and became completely white, my eyes stopped being brown and became a mixture of white and blue and my lips were completely blue.

It was still me, but it felt like a new person had taken over my body and my actions. Despite being terrified of what was happening to myself, the need to help Barry spoke louder, so I walked to the edge and started firing a series of ice balls at the teenager, until he was completely frozen ahead of us.

- Looks like I arrived at the right time. - I told Barry who was looking at me with an air of surprise, mixed with a little fear.

- Caitlin?

- Not exactly dear.

- Who are you? And what happened to Caitlin? - asked Barry, getting up from the floor.

- All you need to know for now is that I saved your life.- I said before turning away, but before starting to walk out of the jewelry store, I turned to Barry again.- Ah, and my name it's Killer Frost.

After leaving the jewelry store, I went to one of the mall's restrooms and simply looked at myself in the mirror.

- Who are you? Who am I? What's going on? - I asked myself, but one thing I noticed besides my appearance was that even though I just spoke, my lips hadn't moved.

- Honey didn't you hear what I said? My name is Killer Frost and I am you! We are the same person!

- But how did I... how did you...

- I know you have many questions but unfortunately I don't have time to answer them. You have to come back like Caitlin Snow, your friend and those people need you.

And quickly, my hair, my eyes and my mouth returned to normal color. It was as if this event had not happened, but I knew that this "personality" would appear more often. However, right now she was right, Barry and the rest needed my help, so I left the bathroom and went back to the jewelry store.

- I am glad you're safe! - I exclaimed "running" into Barry's arms, who just hugged me tightly.

It didn't look like either of us wanted to drop out, but we knew we had spectators, so as soon as we stopped hugging, we helped the manager and his employee and called an ambulance to take them to the hospital to make sure they were okay.

I knew Barry wanted to ask me a lot of questions about Killer Frost, as I saw his face full of doubts, but unfortunately I didn't even know what had happened.