Chapter 1

You were barely holding on to your apartment. After being fired from your previous job, no one else has wanted to hire you. You were behind on payments and the landlord was one step away from kicking you to the curb. You were desperate.

Walking back from the pharmacy, you were looking at a bus stop in search of any places looking for workers, when you came across something. Something interesting. It was an old pizzeria diner and they needed a night guard to keep watch of, what? Animatronics. You don't know why but for some reason this job intrigued you. You called the number in hopes of them being desperate too.

They immediately picked up, which you were happy about, and they seemed highly interested in you.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The voice said on the phone.

"Hey, I'm in hopes of getting the night shift? Do you still have an opening." You said eagerly.

He seemed quite happy, "Oh-Yes! Please be here by 11 PM to collect your uniform and to complete your application!" He hung up.

You were a little surprised they took you without question, but you shrugged it off and decided to go home and get ready for whatever was coming next.

10:56 PM...

You arrived at the pizzeria and it looked different than what you had thought. The man seemed cheerful over the phone. At least you thought he was. So why was this place so gloomy? It had looked like it was left to rot for decades...but you were desperate and you had bravely decided to enter.

The inside wasn't any better, in fact maybe even worse. It reeked and it was actually very creepy. There were stains over the walls and dust collecting over a bunch of old animatronic faces staring right at you. Right into your soul. You thought about leaving when someone came around the corner and gestured you to follow him.

He lead you to a room not too far from the entrance, it was bit more tidy in here, but dark and you could not identify the man or see his face.

"So you were the one who wanted the night shift, correct?"

"Yes." You said unsure of your past decision.

"We'll don't worry, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it."

You sighed in relief, but still wasn't sure of what he had just claimed.

"Anyways, what lead you to work here?" He asked seeming a little too curious.

You were honest, "Well I've been running low on money and in desperation for a job and thankfully I saw you needed a night guard!" You smiled.

He gazed. Not saying anything but as if he were examining you. You felt a little unsettled by the silence.

He spoke up finally, "Okay well I need for you to sign these papers just in case you lose something, so we aren't responsible." He said bluntly.

"Oh, ok." You said grabbing the papers from his hands, you admit you felt a little uneasy, but you decided to sign the papers anyway, and he got up and lead you to where the uniforms were held.

Giving you a uniform he said, "Here, when you are working your night shift, be sure to listen to the recorded messages, they are important and for your safety." He looked serious, well by what you could see, which wasn't much.

"Yeah of course." You replied. He was taking you to the office.

"This is where you'll be working and staying for your shift, it is important that you do not move from this room, as the animatronics will sense you, don't worry though, they are safe." He continued, "This camera shows you most of the rooms in the pizzeria, and the vents if anything were to happen with the animatronics you will be able to see them on camera, and to get rid of them you should play the audio, the recorded messages will explain this to you. Also if the vents malfunction do not be alarmed. You can easily reset them and all other required things and ensure your safety." He finally finished.

You took a few seconds to take that all in, still feeling uneasy about the situation.

"Okay, thank you."

He looked at his watch it was 11:54, he told you his shift had ended and said good luck, but you didn't fully comprehend what he muttered. As he walked out he waved and left with a smirk on his face. Hopefully he was just being friendly, you thought.

It was 12 AM and your shift had just started, you successfully were able to relax yourself and sat back in the office chair checking over the cameras. Nothing. The scariest thing on your mind was the fact that the only thing you ate was a slice of pizza, and you were starving. You wondered if you could leave the office, but you remembered what the strange man said to not do. Stepping away from the cameras, you took a peak outside the office and it looked pretty safe, but you were still contemplating what to do.

—————

It was now 3 AM, and you were extremely bored, AND hungry. If anything, your job was just boring. You began to yawn, which was unusual because you were used to staying up this late anyway. You decided that you couldn't take sitting in this chair anymore. You were hungry. You got up from your chair and walked over to the door. You peaked out the door when you realized you saw something at the end of the hallway. It was a figure. The dark was covering it, but that still didn't help the fact of someone watching you. You booked it back into your office only to find the lights blaring and the cameras failing. You scrambled on your feet, in hopes to stop alarming the figure of your whereabouts, every touch on the key pad left a mark of sweat from your anxious hands. The lights came on and the reboot had worked. You stood for a minute trying to relax yourself, and stopped thinking about what you had recently saw. Which was a huge mistake.

Authors notes
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the first chapter,
I'm passionate about it and if you guys enjoy this I'll continue writing more! Please send any requests and I'll try my best to answer them.