Chapter 186: Fight to Destroy Everything Before Running Away

Choi Han had lost consciousness while watching Eruhaben catching his falling body with a shocked expression.

Tons of memories had flown into his mind. He had then become Choi Jungsoo.

***********************************
"Hey, Jungsoo."

Choi Han had become Choi Jungsoo, starting with Choi Jungsoo's mom smiling and telling him something.

"Our family has stayed here for generations. We cannot leave."
"Why not?"

Choi Jungsoo's grandfather had faintly smiled and answered his question. "I had a nephew...I guess he would be your uncle once removed. Anyway, it is because there is someone who needs to come back.

There's my younger brother as well... what would happen if they came back here thinking that they were back home only to not find anyone here?"

The young Choi Jungsoo had nodded at his grandfather's explanation and smiled.

The largest tile-roofed house in the neighborhood. He liked this house and enjoyed watching his older cousins, his mom, and his dad moving around while punching or swinging wooden swords.

Choi Jungsoo slowly got older. Choi Han had experienced everything as Choi Jungsoo.

Then one day as he finished his studies and prepared to take the exam to enter college in the physical education department...

The world turned into chaos. Something that seemed straight out of a movie happened. A terrible horror movie at that.

Once the first part of that movie ended...

"...I promise I will return." Choi Jungsoo had kowtowed twice while looking at the destroyed tile-roofed house.

Nobody lived in this house now. He worked hard while trying to repair it as much as possible, but the grandeur of this upright place was long gone.

"I will return... and turn this place back to how it used to be." Choi Jungsoo, the only survivor from this house, made a promise to everyone.

He then started to work for a company. It was a company in an awkward position as it was neither a guild nor a government entity, but it was able to take on all sorts of jobs because of this ambiguous status.

"Oh! Are you the only other rookie? My name is Choi Jungsoo! Nice to meet you!"
"...Kim Roksoo."
"Aren't you too cold, Kim Roksoo-ssi?"
"..."

Choi Jungsoo had warmly greeted his new colleague but he only got cold response in return.

"Time to go on a business trip."
"Team-leader-nim, you mean to go to work, right?"
"Same difference."

Choi Jungsoo started to do all sorts of jobs with his fellow rookie Kim Roksoo, team leader Lee Soohyuk, and the others on their team.

He was always getting hurt and doing the hard tasks because he was responsible for fighting in the vanguard.

It was still bearable. It was because he had people who were like family, no, because he had a new family.

Choi Jungsoo's memories had continued.

'I hope peace returns to Earth and we can all live happily ever after.' He had looked at his teammates and started to think. 'I'm going to take everyone to my hometown. The tile-roofed house is large, and it looks like I already convinced Soohyuk Hyung to drag Kim Roksoo with us!'

He could smile while thinking about the future every so often as they completed their missions. It was a pure smile that was not forced.

However, he was always worried. This world was one where he never knew when he would die.