11| Picture

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Picture

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 11: Picture (Emilia's POV)

I pulled my shoes on, checking the time on my phone once I did. After breakfast this morning, everybody took it easy and we were all ready by eleven since that was the time we all planned to leave. 

The plan was to leave at eleven and meet at Old town Marbella, explore the area and neighborhood there, get some pictures in since the neighborhood is absolutely gorgeous, do a little bit of shopping from the shopping street, have some lunch at a restaurant, and then spend some more time there. 

Afterward, when the sunset would be closer, we would all head to Alameda park which was also stunning based on all the pictures I've seen. It looked like a greenhouse or even almost a sanctuary. 

We would leave Alameda park after sunset, get back to the hotel, relax for a bit, and then meet at the restaurant downstairs for dinner again, just as we did last night. 

I grabbed the tan purse that I brought along and tucked my phone, room keys, wallet, and a pack of gum into it. I stopped in front of the mirror, checking my appearance one last time. I had my hair pulled up into a half-up, half-down. "Oh," I mumbled, grabbing the sunglasses and placing them on my head. 

I was wearing a crochet white crop top that was full sleeves but the sleeves were loose and flowy, falling past my hands. The top tied in the middle right at my sternum and with the white top, I paired flowy, almost bell-bottom blue denim jeans and converse. Content with how I looked for the day, I left the room, feeling a little relieved when Adam didn't open his door at the same time as me. 

Maybe I can dodge him this time. 

I managed to avoid him for breakfast but eventually met him downstairs. We didn't utter a word to each other, we haven't since last night. I really thought last night could stop after I helped him with his spider situation and that would be it. But no, because he just had to corner me at the door and bring up this stupid necklace I keep on. 

I contemplated taking it off and putting it into my suitcase until I got back home but I was too scared to lose it here in Marbella forever. I hate him but that doesn't mean I don't still adore the gift he got me back then. Just because our relationship was ruined now doesn't mean it was never a good relationship at all. It was good. It was great. Until it wasn't. 

I reached the elevator and was waiting for it when I heard footsteps approaching. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I mumbled to myself. 

I didn't have to look to know it was him, I could feel it. I could spot Adam without even searching in the most crowded room. 

I would always find him. He would always find me. 

It used to feel natural to look for each other right away, it was instinct. There was always a pull. Not a magnetic pull at all. A pull that was inevitable. A pull that guaranteed no matter how far we were, we'd always meet in the middle. We'd always find each other. But everything changed when we became the ones to push each other away.