Chapter 1

NEEDLES

As Needles sits on his bike on the hill side he stares out into the open fields. Remembering how his childhood was compared to what it is now. You see at a young age he was always the quiet one. The skiny awkward boy with no friends, and hardly any family. His father abandoned him and his mom when he was a baby. And his mom always worked odd jobs to try and keep a roof over their had and food in their stomachs.

He practically raised himself.

Somehow when people started to get curious about who was taking care of him, his mom showed up and acted as the loving parent. But when those eyes turned away, she would always say it was his fault.

He knew that it wasn't, not in the least. Her resentment was towards his bastard father. And reason being, his dad actually cheated. No his mom was not the wife. In fact she was the mistress. Something his mother didn't know until after he was born.

Then as he got older he started hanging out with the wrong crowd. First it was the occasional days of skipping school. That led to him petty disturbances, to public nuances, and so on. Then it led him to juvenile detention for robbery. Not to mention breaking and entering.

Then as a young adult, he dropped out of high school in the eleventh grade. And started using drugs. First weed, to pills, coke, and meth. Then it was on to heroin. The needles.

See that is how he got his road name. King found him on the side of a building on faithful night in October with a needle in his arm. And if it wasn't for King, well Needles wouldn't be here today.

Some asked how he got his name, well CoralAnne to be exact, he just told her it was a reminder. Never to go into full detail. He didn't know how or wanted pity for it. He knows that CoralAnne would never, but to this day he is embarrassed by it.

His thoughts are interrupted by the ringing of his phone. The screen flashes the name of his savior.

*King.*

*Where are you?*

*Hilltop*

*Boy* Needles is no boy but at the age of 25.

*Relax, King. I'm not doing anything like that. What is it you need?*

*Need you to check the on the Miller's. Seems that their daughter needs help.*

*King, seriously? Stop trying to push females on me.*

* Fuck you you idiot. Not that help. She needs your help. *

*How old?*

*16*

*On it.*

Needles hung up from King and put his phone away. He takes one look around and then kicks his bike to start. Once it fires up, to that beautiful rumble he now loves, he rides to the Miller's.

Lacey Miller is 16 and she herself started hanging with the wrong crowd. And now starting to use. But had her own brush with death just very recently.

Please give me the strength and patience to help this girl.

He pulls up and parks his bike away from the house so he can't be heard. He walked up to the Miller's front door to see both her parents waiting outside. Tom and Sherry Miller.

"We can't thank you enough for being here." Sherry greats him as he comes up to the porch.

"Thank young man, we didn't know what else to do." Tom says as he shakes Needles' hand.

"I can only do my best. But I will try like hell. But what I want you both to do is to not interfere in any way. Despite what you may here or see. I may get harsh and mean. And sound like a complete asshole, but don't interfere."