thirteen | final fight

-THIRTEEN-

"Come on, let's go. Oh, and you might want to shuttle between hand-to-hand combat and your sword." Kate said, "That is, if we meet the--"

"Look! It's Kate Bishop!" Called out Ivan.

"OH COME ON! I KNOW I'M ATTRACTIVE BUT THIS IS JUST PLAIN STALKING!" Ophelia called out, activating her sword. Kate laughed and attacked the men, the huntress following.

One of the men grabbed her hand, only to be viciously flipped to the ground and stabbed in the leg. "Don't. You. Dare." She snarled at the other three who were approaching Kate. They didn't heed her warning and continued pursuing the unsuspecting archer.

"Oh, so you woke up and chose death, did you?" Snarled the huntress. She changed her sword to a staff and hit one of the men in the neck, making him fall to the ground. A swift kick to his face knocked him out, while Kate and Jack fought side by side. 

"Of course they're going to have a father-daughter moment now." Thought Ophelia in distaste. She grabbed one man's leg, put her right foot behind his left one, bent his knee upwards with her other hand and slammed him to the ground. 

She grabbed her staff's middle and pushed the sharper tip behind, stabbing a man in the stomach. "Never," She hissed, kicking another Tracksuit to the ground, "Mess with a woman who can fight in a silk suit, you little bastard." 

The others retreated, and Ophelia brushed her hair out of her face, sighing curtly, "That was rather fun, wasn't it?" Kate grabbed her by the arm and pulled her behind a pillar before asking Clint through comms, "Clint! Where are you?" 

"Right here!" He replied. 

"Where's "here," Birdie?!" Asked the huntress.

"In the tree." He hesitated to say. Ophelia burst out laughing, "Clint, the brother I never had, I call you Birdie as a nickname! Not to manifest your transformation into a literal bird!" 

"I hate you." Groaned the Avenger.

"Liar." Grinned Ophelia.

"Guys! Guys, where's my gear?" Kate asked Grills and Orvall. Missy came running, the huge bag in her arms. "Any eyes on my mom yet?" The archer asked, taking the bag away.

"Not yet." 

"No? Okay. Look, Ophelia and I need to get Clint out of that tree." She explained. "Woah, woah, woah. I do not recall saying I'll get Birdie out of the tree" Exclaimed the huntress. "Shut up you're literally someone to hunts animals." Kate rolled her eyes. "Yeah. I hunt dragons, Rogues, centaurs and the like. Not HUMANS." The older woman rolled her eyes.

"But what about that guy? He doesn't seem to..." Missy pointed at Jack who continued his battle against the remaining Tracksuits.

"He's on our side, but we should get him out, too." Kate nodded. "All right. Good luck." Grills smiled. 

"Thanks." 

--Time Skip--

"Do you shoot?" Kate asked, looking at Ophelia. 

"Obviously." The huntress replied. 

"Here. Take this arrow and shoot it at that rope." The archer handed Ophelia a plain arrow, and nocked her own. 

Ophelia spun her staff in her hand, switching it to a black and silver bow before nocking the arrow and aiming. 

"Clint, I need you to hang on tight." Kate said. 

"Yeah, you think?" Clint asked. He paused for a moment before asking, "Wait, wait. What do you mean?" 

"We're gonna get you out of that tree, Bird Man." Ophelia chuckled, closing one eye to aim once again.