Chapter 25

My eyes opened slowly, before a gave a loud yawn. I blinked a couple of times, trying to get used to the lighting. Thankfully though, it was dark enough that my eyes didn't strain from any extreme bright light.

I managed to get up slowly, rubbing my eyes in the process. How long did I sleep for? I looked around for my phone, seeing it on my locker. Quickly grabbing it to check the time, I saw it was eight o'clock. Groaning in frustration, as I noticed I didn't eat any dinner, I made my way to the kitchen to see what I had.

Life however, seems to want to give me a hard time. I wouldn't blame it, I'd do the same, knowing what a trainwreck of a person I've been over the past while. I had nothing. Well, okay....not exactly nothing. But close to it.

My stomach growled loudly, as I searched every cabinet for something quick and easy to put on. But after failing a second time, I gave up. So, I decided to grab my bag, purse, phone and keys, and head to the corner shop.

I rushed to put on my shoes, then headed outside. As I opened the door to the building, I noticed just how dark it was. Had I to go anywhere further, I would've been pretty scared to do so. But seeing as this place is only around the corner, I knew I could get there quickly and without any trouble.

Trouble however, followed anyways. All of a sudden and conveniently, when I took a step out from under shelter, it began to rain. And not just a simple drizzle, not a lightly shower. No, it poured down. The sky was having a huge meltdown, and decided to take it out on me.

Having no coat with or on me, I basically ran to the shop. Lucky for me, the door to the shop was an automatic one, so I got cover quickly. I brushed the rain from my hands onto my skirt, before trying to fix my hair.

I walked over to where I knew the ramen was, having went to that aisle numerous times. I looked around for my favorite brand, but couldn't see it anywhere. Luck just isn't on my side today. I picked up one that I knew of, though not as good as the usual, and headed to the counter.

There was no one at it, so I waited while I put my food on the counter and fished out my purse from my bag. Thankfully though, a member of staff came right away.

"Sorry about that, Miss." The guy said, and I looked up quickly, about to say it was alright. But when I did, not a word came out. "My goodness, two times in one day."

"Wow, you're kinda everywhere, aren't you?" I muttered, not realising how loud I said it, until Jisung laughed. "Ah, sorry...."

"You're not wrong." He smiled, as he scanned my item. "But in your defense, today is my first day working here, so I guess it's just a mad coincidence."

"Jisung, about the coffee thing-

"No no, it's alright." He shook his head, while giving a small half-hearted smile. "I know a lot of people don't date, because of wanting to wait for their soulmates. I get it."

"N-no, it wasn't that." I replied defensively. I rattled my brain, trying to come up with an excuse, so I used the only thing I could think of. "I actually have one already...."

"Ah, well my sincere apologies to both you and your soulmate then." He chuckled. Though for whatever reason, I don't think he believed me. Not that he would be wrong, seeing as at the time I met him, I hadn't met Yoongi just yet.

Trying not to keep the guy waiting too long, I handed over the money, once I saw the price. I awkwardly stood there, waiting for him to finish up, so I could get the hell out of there.

But once he finished, and I said a quiet goodbye, I found myself stalling to go outside. The rain seemed heavier than before, and I really didn't want to experience being under it without a coat.