Chapter 38: What About Us?

I am so glad that it is Friday. This week has been up and down but I am glad it is over. It also means I get to be with Lizzie for a whole 48 hours, with no interruptions.

Laying in bed, Lizzie is currently snuggled into my chest to the point where she can't possibly get any closer but it is the cutest thing ever. One of my hands is rubbing her back softly while the other one is running my fingers through her hair.

"I am so in love with you," I tell her and she squeezes me tighter taking the breath out of me.

"Either that was a loving squeeze or you are trying to kill me," I joke and I can tell she's rolling her eyes.

"I love you too. That is actually what I've been meaning to talk about," she says and my heart drops.

"Uh, what do you mean?" I ask worriedly.

"Well I'm not sure if you have realized but in a few weeks, it will be the 6-month mark of our relationship. That being said, my family still doesn't know and I don't think yours does either. Yeah they have probably seen the paparazzi photos but neither of us has told them officially," she tells me and relaxes a little now that I know what the conversation is about.

"You're right. Honestly, I haven't even thought about it because I've been so in the moment just enjoying time with you. What if we go visit your family right after Christmas? We can fly back to your home and spend time there. I can see your house in person too," I suggest and I see her face light up.

"Yes! Yes! I would love that. Ugh, that would be amazing. My family is going to love you and it will be so much fun to see everyone!" She blurts out and plants a big kiss on my mouth out of excitement.

"Okay, then it's a plan!" I say and her excitement level goes down again.

"Wait..."

"Yeah?" I ask nervously.

"What about your family? This is your first Christmas without your mom. I think you should see your dad," she tells me and I sigh. I do miss my dad but I've never really been close with him and now that my mom is gone, it won't be the same.

"Lizzie I don't know about that. I don't think I'm ready,"

"Ready for what?"

"To see him again. I feel so bad for not reaching out and I just can't face him yet. Especially not on Christmas,"

"Y/n are you-"

"Can we just drop it please?!" I scream loudly, cutting her off and she goes silent staring at the ceiling. She rolls over pulling the sheets over her body so that I can't see her. Shit, she's gonna cry now.

"Lizzie wait I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice at you. Baby, please turn back around," I plead, sitting up in the bed trying to see her.

"Please don't cry, I shouldn't have raised my voice at you. I know you are only trying to help and support me," I try again. Still no movement but I can hear her breathing get heavier and I know she is crying.

"Lizzie..."

"You know I hate getting yelled at. Especially by the people that I love," she says, still covered by the sheets.

"I know and I realized as soon as I did it. I love you so much and would never want to upset you. I have seen you upset because it breaks me, especially when I'm the one who caused it. Can I please hold you? Please..." I ask her, hoping she will finally turn around.

As I wished, she turns around burying her face into my chest allowing all her weight to be pressed against me. I hold her tight rubbing her back as her arms wrap around my body.