Chapter 129 - The Truth Behind What Happened Back Then

Seeing that Nora had chosen him, Justin secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

He looked at Caleb and suddenly said, "It's going to be a long talk. How about you rest somewhere, Mr. Gray?"

Caleb glanced at Nora with his deep and slightly melancholic eyes. Then, he cast his eyes down and sat on a random chair in the hallway. "No, it's fine. I'll wait for her here."

Justin, "…"

How were they supposed to calm down and have a good chat with him waiting here?

Unfortunately for him, Nora found it a good idea to make everything clear today, so she nodded and said, "Okay."

Then, she entered the private room with Justin..

Club Prism was the best club in New York.

A lot of people chose Club Prism for their business talks, and the soundproofing in the rooms was also very good. The noise outside was shut out after they entered the private room.

Nora sat on the sofa in the private room and looked at Justin. She said, "Mr. Hunt, you—"

Before she could finish though, Justin frowned and asked, "Shouldn't you explain the marriage agreement first, Ms. Smith?"

Nora was taken aback. "What?"

Justin lowered his gaze. His earlobes were a bit red, but he nevertheless bit the bullet and said, "Considering how invested you are in my affairs, you must be interested in me, right? In that case, I can't just allow the woman, whom I'm giving a chance to, to two-time me."

Nora, "????"

She was about to refute him when Justin spoke again. He said, "Ms. Smith made frequent contact with my son when we were in California. After coming to New York, you also kept trying to approach me and ask about my affairs. All of these are what I think it is, right? After all, apart from that, there shouldn't be any other reason, right?"

Nora, "!!!!"

She had already known a long time ago that Justin was a narcissist who thought that every woman who approached him was in love with him. However, he felt different to her today.

It was as if he was presenting facts to her and reasoning with her so that he could convince her that her actions were indeed sending the message that she was in love with him?

Nora frowned.

She thought back carefully to all the recent events. Assuming that he didn't know that his son was also hers, her recent actions were indeed rather inappropriate.

She had paid too much attention to him.

Besides, if she denied it now, wouldn't it seem a bit too strange?

Nora didn't speak for a while.

Justin stared at her with his dark eyes.

He had to seal the case right at the start of the talk. Otherwise, that woman might just run off with that fiancé of hers!

The beauty mark at the corner of his eye seemed to sway a little. Justin lowered his gaze and went on. "Silence means consent, Ms. Smith. I was right, wasn't I?"

Left with no other choice, Nora, who could only acquiesce to it, replied, "… I suppose so."

She glanced at Cherry.

Cherry also cast a silent glance at her. Sigh, little did she expect that someone like Mommy, who only knew how to sleep, would also have to contribute to the family one day. How rare.