Chapter 8. Best Friend

In the Fire Daimyo Palace all was quiet with the birds singing and the leaves blowing in the wind was all that could be heard. The occasional dragonfly would come by and make it's slight buzzing sound but it never disturbed the peace and quiet.

"DODGE!!!!" Yelled Tsunade as she threw a dodge ball at Naruto who quickly ducked under it and watched the ball tear a hole in the perimeter wall.

Naruto was now 6 years old and has been at the Daimyo's Palace for 2 years and has grown to a much stronger and healthier kid than before.

He now stood about a inch or two taller than the average height for kids his age and started to show slight signs of muscle growth. His red hair started to grow out much like his father but he had a short pony tail on the back that reached the bottom of his neck.

"Bachan that almost took my head off!!!" Yelled Naruto pointing at the hole In the wall.

"Meh your fine, you dodged it" said Tsunade "besides I'm gonna keep doing this until you can hit it back with super strength".

She then grabbed another dodge ball and threw it at him and he decided to try and kick it away this time.

He pumped good amount of chakra into his leg and sent it towards the ball and kicked it. The force of the kick created a massive shockwave and sent the ball back to Tsunade twice as fast.

Tsunade ducked under it and turned to see it disappear into the sky with a smoke trail behind it.

"That's my grandson!" Yelled Tsunade happily seeing that he finally unlocked super strength and now just had to refine it.

"Bachan what will we do now?" Asked Naruto panting form the workout, even with his Uzumaki stamina he's exhausted.

"Your gonna take a break from exercising then I'll have you start practicing with your water Ninjutsu" said Tsunade.

Naruto nodded his head and fell on his butt exhausted and just breathed heavily.

"Hehe you look tired Naruto" said someone he's known for 2 years now.

He looked over at the girl who was about 1 year younger than him. She had long chocolate brown hair and bright green eyes, as well as a small mole under her lip on the left side. She was the granddaughter of the Fire Daimyo.

"Hello Kayo-san how are you today?" Asked Naruto.

"Hehe I'm doing good, father just returned from a meeting in the land of Hot Water" said Kayo. "So he's now meeting with grandpa even though he promised to spend time with me".

Naruto chuckled at his friends antics and patted her back "don't worry I'm sure he'll spend time with you Kayo-san" said Naruto.

"I hope so... Hey wanna go and play with me?" Kayo said excitedly since Naruto was her only friend and treated her like a actual person.

"Sure, what do you wanna play?" Asked Naruto standing up.

"Hmmm... Tag your it" said Kayo as she tagged him and ran off giggling.

Naruto sighed and chased after her at civilian speeds so they can both play the game.

Up in the castle was the Daimyo, his wife, his son, and Tsunade all standing and watching the two kids run around and play.

"Ohohoho look at our little Kayo, I've never seen her have so much fun before" said Shijimi smiling at her granddaughter. "Oooh, honey maybe in a few years we can arrange a marriage for them?".

Tsunade and Kayo's dad both spit out there tea in shock from hearing that.

"WHAT!?" They both yelled at her.