Prophecies

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I stare at Melisandra in confusion for a long time. The Red Woman only remains silent as she looks right back at me. No words befall anyone for a long time as the awkwardness of the situation drags on.

"Clear the room."

I finally say and everyone looks to me. I look around at everyone, raising a brow and they all immediately funnel out of the room.

"I'm staying."

"Dany, go outside with the others. I'll see you in a little bit."

Daenerys seems to want to protest but I give her a half-pleading look and she sighs, nodding.

"Fine. Just come back soon."

I smile with a small nod but the warmth from her hands quickly disappears as soon as she let's go. Instantly, my body feels cold without her touch as I watch her leave with Sansa and the others. Jon pushes Bran's chair. As they pass me, Bran looks at me with his blank expression but his dull eyes tell me he knows something. He probably knows lots of things at this point.

Everyone finally leaves and Jon shuts the door behind him. The candles around the table and the room flicker as the small fire in the hearth is slowly dying.

I raise a brow to the Red Woman.

"So... Why are you here then?"

I finally ask but the Red Woman only moves across the room away from me, moving to sit in a chair by the fire.

"Everything is dying.."

She half mumbles and I feel confused. But I approach her and the fire, sitting down on a chair across from her. It's said that people who believe in the Lord of Light can look into the flames and see glimpses of the future and past. But I don't believe in any of that nonsense.

Visions won't help us win this war.

"With winter comes universal death but also spring with eternal life."

"Is that a quote from somewhere?"

I ask with a small chuckle and Melisandra just shakes her head with a soft smile.

"When I was a child, I grew up as a slave."

Her tone changes from a amused to a sad tone in a fast pace and I lean a bit closer, slightly intrigued by the start to her story.

"I grew up being sold around like a prized mare. But when some red priestes from Asshai saved me from my masters, I found something to live for."

She smiles, the flames from the hearth reflecting in her eyes.

"My faith in the Lord of Light was stronger then..."

She mumbles before looking at me.

"May I see your sword?"

I start to draw Robb's sword but she quickly shakes her head.

"No, no. Dawn."

I feel confused as I slowly reach up and draw Dawn from it's scabbard on my back, holding the blade and handle in my hands and I present it to her. Melisandra moves to hold it but I pull away, shaking my head. She only nods before proceeding to graze the Valyrian Steel like blade with her fingertips.