Oathkeeper

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I peer at the center of the room, at the man who stands before us. The man whom I swore I would kill so long ago. A man I fought against twice and bested twice. Although the be fair, I got lucky that first time. Now, I reckon he wouldn't dare try to lift a blade again.

Jaime Lannister is a changed man. I can see that.

I glance at Daenerys as her eyes remain on Jaime, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"I will admit I am surprised to see you here, Kingslayer."

I see Jaime flinch a little at the name, looking at the ground in what looks to be shame.

"It's brave and stupid of you to be here. You were our prisoner a short while ago yet your returned willingly."

"I have...Your Grace."

Jaime states and Sansa scoffs, making us all look at her as she shakes her head.

"You stand before us now, Kingslayer. You stand before us, the man who attacked my father in the streets of King's Landing, The man who butchered Riverlanders and Northeners alike, the man who tried to tear my House down, the same as he did yours."

Sansa says, looking at Daenerys with a side glance at me. She opens her mouth to speak more but Jaime takes one step forward, our Unullied and my Dornishmen holding their weapons a bit tighter.

"Whatever you have to say, Kingslayer, I would rather not here it."

Ellaria Sand states from her seat at one of the side tables. Jaime looks at her in anger before shaking his head, looking back to Sansa.

"Do you want me to say I'm sorry? I won't. We were at war. The only thing that I am sorry for is trying to ensure my family's ascendancy and safety."

"And that gives you the right to slaughter those in your way?"

"And what of Evelyn Dayne?"

Jaime retorts as he points at me with his golden hand.

"How many men did she butcher during the War to ensure your House, not even hers, would be safe and secure?"

"Careful with your words, Kingslayer."

Daenerys warns with narrowed eyes as I see that her hands are clenching the armrests of her chair in a death grip, her knuckles turning white. I quickly take one of her hands in mine and her grip goes from from chair to my hand, squeezing just as tight but I don't mind.

"My future wife spared you during the War of the Five Kings. And she spared you again during the battle outside of King's Landing. Do not mistake my mercy or hers for weakness."

This silences Jaime as he looks around at all the Northern Lords and soldiers, seeing our commanders on the side tables. I notice that Tyene Sand is off somewhere, most likely lurking around.

"The things we do in the name of love.."

Bran suddenly states emptily, making Jaime look at him with widen eyes. An empty silence fills the room as well all look at Jaime Lannister stand there, shifting a little restlessly as if he's waiting for the decision of life or death.