35.

Donghee walked into the shared office space that belonged to Miss Song and (temporarily) herself

Donghee walked into the shared office space that belonged to Miss Song and (temporarily) herself. She sat down on the small couch beside a small coffee table and turned on her laptop. When Miss Song entered the room, Donghee greeted her like usual.

"Good morning Miss Song!" Donghee said cheerfully.
"Hi Donghee! I hope you rested well last night." Miss Song smiled back.

As silence filled the room naturally, the both of them began their work. But every now and then, Donghee couldn't help but divert her eyes to Miss Song. Song Yeonhee, her placement supervisor, sold information to her father.

When did all this happen? How did it all happen? How was it that they both coincidentally worked together?

"Donghee, it's 10:04, shouldn't you be with Miss Nam now?" Bringing herself back to reality, Donghee glanced up at the clock. "Oh you're right! I must've lost track of time.." She nervously chuckled.

The young female shut her laptop and placed all her things into her bag. She waddled out the door and wiped off any bit of sweat on her face.

Donghee made her way to the elevator and found her way to Miss Nam's room. Opening the door, she was greeted by Yuri and, for some reason, Jaemin.

"Jaemin..what are you.."
"I came to visit you and the receptionist said you'd be in here at this time."
"Oh, I see.." Donghee said quietly.

"Donghee, I can take of Miss Nam for the time being if you want." Yuri flashed the younger a reassuring smile. Even Miss Nam nodded her head to Donghee to let her go. Letting out a small sigh of defeat, Donghee walked outside the room with Jaemin following behidn her.

"Make this quick, I actually have work to do." But Jaemin only smiled sweetly. He took ahold of Donghee's wrist and dragged her along with him to the staircase. The both of them went up a few flights of stairs and stopped on the flat surface instead of going up any further.

"About yesterday-"
"Jaemin, it really isn't my business to know what happened yesterday, you don't have to explain yourself." Donghee smiled softly and gently pinched his cheek.
"I know but I just want to say, you don't have to worry about it. It's just..friendship quarrels y'know. Jeno and I have known each other for a long time and so there's just some things from the past that get in the way. But it's nothing you should worry about." Jaemin had his hands on either side of Donghee's shoulders and leaned in, placing a small kill on her forehead.

"How long have you guys known each other?" Jaemin let out a chuckle and pulled away. He walked back a few steps and sat down on one of the steps.

"We've known each other since elementary school," Donghee sat beside him, "and believe it or not but we hated each other at first. It wasn't until middle school that we actually became friends. Years pass by in an abusive home and you get kidnapped when you're in high school. A gang saves you and you become a member and then your best friend tries to find you and follows after you. Who do you think is who?"

"You got kidnapped and Jeno followed you.."
"Correct! You're good at this." Jaemin chuckled bitterly. "Do you have any close friends?" He asked.

"I do- her name's Kim Jieun. But she's studying abroad right now so her and I haven't spoken in a while. She's in England right now so the hours are kinda..hard. I met her during my parents divorce and she was there for me and her parents took me in on some nights."

"Y'know Donghee, we'll find your dad and Blood Thorn. NCT will help you get the answers that you're after, I promise."
"And what if we don't? What if I never find Blood Thorn or my dad? What if I don't get answers? Then what do I do?"

"Then I'll keep helping you." Jaemin places his hand over Donghee's and give her hand a light squeeze. "But I know that you can if you have the right mindset. And I'll be there by you every step of the way. I'll hack every camera you want me to, I'll beat up all the bad guys," Jaemin said while punching the air, "I'll do everything! Because I'm obviously the best husband you'll ever have, y'know."

"Woah there I thought you were my fiancé?" Donghee played along and nudged the male in the arm. "I mean..sure." Jaemin and Donghee both let out a chuckle.
"But I'm serious, I'll help you whenever you need me to."
"Wow look at that, my fiancé is so kind."

"Yeah and you shouldn't take it for granted, darling."

i love their dynamic djcknscn <3