ⁿᵉʷ ᵐᵉᵐᵒʳʸ

"We are each other's forbidden fruit!"

"Our first love."

Trevor immediately stepped back with a totally flustered face. He didn't know how to react.
While Coleen just stood there. Smiling lightly while looking at him with pure and genuine affection. The same look he had been longing for a while.
For her to look at him that way.

"Y-you..." Trevor couldn't even form a sentence. He felt embarassed and gleeful at the same time.

But the hint of sadness is also there. Because he knows that Coleen might soon tell him that she can't return his feelings. And that made him cry even more.

Coleen looked concern and quickly ran to hug him. Her face buried on his neck.

"Stop thinking unnecessary stuff in that brain of yours. Whatever it is, it's not true." She said. Her voice almost muffled while pulling Trevor's arms to her back.

"I was already awake when you started talking at the mine. And I'm sorry if I didn't said anything about it. I hope you understand that I had to think through it." She mumbled. Her hug growing tighter.

"I wanted to tell you at Blue's place. But then Samuel barged in and then things happened. So I waited until we get here." She said and slightly leaned back to see Trevor's reaction.

He still look totally surprised. His eyes were wide and he couldn't even utter a single word. As if everything around him looks so unreal.

"I did a good job from not thinking about it right?" She giggled rather sheepishly as she stepped back.

She knows Trevor still needs to take everything in. Especially that he had been drowning at the thought of rejection.

"Come on. Cheer up. You're handsome and cute like this. But what more if you smile right?" She asked and started squishing his cheeks as if trying to make him smile.

Trevor suddenly lowered his gaze. Coleen didn't need to ask again. He was just having a mental breakdown a few minutes ago and then she suddenly confessed in the middle of trying to comfort him. So he really have a lot to take in.

Trevor suddenly snaked her waist. Gently pulling her towards him and wrapped the girl in his arms.
They stayed like that for a while and it was probably the most comfortable moment they ever had ever since they began the 'visiting of hometown.'

"I don't want to see you cry Trevor. It may not be as bad as what you feel, but it makes me sad whenever you are sad." She mumbled while playing with the strands of the boy's hair.

It was comfortably quiet around them. And they stayed in that position for what almost felt like an eternity.

Trevor leaned back. Although not too far, only enough distance for him to look at Coleen's face.

"You have no idea... how much I've hoped for this to happen... How much I've longed for your attention ever since we stopped writing letters to each other." He said while caressing her cheeks.

"We can do more than just writing letters. Don't we always express how much we wanted to see each other in person?" She asked as she giggled gleefully.

The two eventually parted from the hug and entered the room, sitting comfortably on the bed.

"Is this real? Because I think I'll definitely go insane if this is just another one of Yalex illusions. Or my own mind is playing with me?" He asked and Coleen charged a loud laugh which only amused the sorcerer.

"You really have a strange way of ruining the mood!" She laughed and Trevor just chuckled by watching her laugh to her fullest.

"Don't worry. This are all real. And even if it's not. I'll make sure to turn this illusion into a reality for you." She said rather confidently. A proud smirk growing on her lips upon seeing Trevor blushing at her statement.

The two stayed in the room for a while. Coleen was doing so well of engaging Trevor to a conversation. Although she would tease him from time to time just to make him blush again because she thinks he just look so cute like that.

Meanwhile... Everyone downstairs...

"Fu**! They are so cliche! I never regretted having to hear everything until this very moment!" Yalex complained third time in a row. And nobody even cared because he's been complaining about everything after Ysabella fell asleep on the couch beside Yvel and Kitsch.

Samuel suddenly threw an old flower vase to Yalex but the demon effortlessly avoided it.

"Stop complaining like a bi**h! You are the reason why Trevor got so depressed in the first place! And it's not like you're not so cliche yourself!" Samuel snapped at him before he continued playing chess with Jade. He actually made a chessboard and chess pieces out of ice just because he was bored.

"Excuse me! My flirting is not cliche! I just smile simply and men and women will have their heads over heels for me!" He stated proudly and both Rhian and Jade immediately scoffed and gave off a negative reaction. Intentionally offending the demon.

"Really? Try us!" Jade challenged and steered her chair to look at Yalex. Rhian looked at him as well.

Yalex effortlessly shot them a killer smile and the two quickly grimaced before turning their backs on the demon.

"Eew!!!" The ladies grimaced and Samuel started cackling at their reactions while Blue complimented his girlfriend with a proud clap.

"Now that's just bad manners!" Yalex tsked and crossed his arms grumpily.

"You guys should rest. Rhian and I will take the night watch." Blue said and stood up, walking towards the door with Rhian so the two can watch outside the house.

"Ahh. My back hurts!" Yalex complained again before throwing himself on the couch where Rhian and Blue was seated earlier.

"That's because you're old." Samuel said to him and the demon immediately perked and glared at the winter prince.

"Don't you dare talk to me about age if you don't want me exposing yours!" He warned and Samuel just laughed it off.

Yalex had soon drifted off to sleep. Probably because his human body is exhausted from all the restless fight they had.

After Samuel and Jade finished their game of chess, the two decided to go out to hunt so everyone can eat once they wake up.
Coleen and Trevor offered to join them since they weren't tired.

Although Jade insisted for the two to rest since they had the most injuries after returning to earth from hell. Trevor insisted to come since he knows the forest better than anyone and knows where they could hunt best.

Eventually. The four had already marched to the forest. Each of them hunting a prey of their own.
With the way of their own.

It was pretty impressive. Especially because Samuel kind of painted the forest with frost while all the leaves were blown away because of Coleen.

After atleast three or four hours of hunting together. They got to bring three full grown deers with them.
Just in time they came bacause Rhian had been starving of blood for hours and she can't drink a serum while having bloodlust.

Samuel and Trevor became in charge of taking care of their meal. Especially since the two of them have the most experienced of hunting and preparing the food properly.

And that's how they all ended up with a large feast in Trevor's re-fashioned dining area.

It's probably one of the good memories they will remember one day.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.