2.8

[2.8]

Escape

While Korra, Asami and Mako were trying to break Korra's father from jail, Rae helped Iroh get to the dock's unseen. A United Force's ship was waiting behind the barricades and the two had to find a way to get to it.

After convincing the guards to let them through, they ran to a small, secluded part of the docks where a small engine boat was floating.

"Whose boat is it?" asked the general as he jumped in it and ignited the engine.

"No idea" said Rae with a shrug while undoing the ropes that kept the boat tied, "You should be able to pass the barricade unseen if you go east."

Iroh nodded and turned to look at Rae. She was standing on the wooden docks, her right foot on the edge of the boat ready to push it away from land when he was ready. However, he didn't nod for her to push him in the sea. He walked away from the engine and placed one of his knees of the edge of the boat right next to Rae foot.

"We never talked about it..."

Rae frowned and bend down closer to his face. "We'll talk lat—"

She didn't have time to finish her sentence when she felt Iroh's arm latch onto her waist. His lips touched hers and her eyes closed on instinct. His other hand moved to her face, and she leaned on him.

It was different from their first kiss. It was rushed, passionate and full of untold feelings that weights down their hearts. Iroh didn't want to let go, fearing that the next time they saw each other, Rae would be trying to buy more time so she wouldn't have to face him and the conversations that the kisses led to.

But time was running out, and as much as Rae dreaded to be the first, she pulled away. Her body was buzzing with excitement. White strands of her hair well around Iroh's face as she held him close. Her blush was hidden by the darkness that her shadow cast.

"we'll talk when this is over," she whispered with a small smile. Iroh, looking starstruck, smiled dreamily and nodded.

"Go," she muttered, placing a small kiss on his cheek, and pushing the boat away towards the open sea. They stared at each other with smiles on their faces as the distance between them grew.

It was Iroh who looked away first this time, but only when he realized the boat was floating in the wrong direction. Rae let out a small laugh and looked away too.

Checking the small watched she attached to her wrist, her eyes widened, and she started running towards Varrick's yacht. She got there at the same time as Korra, Asami and Mako and she frowned when she saw no one was with them.

"What happened? Where is your father?" asked Rae once they were in the main cabin of the yacht with Varrick and Bolin.

"On a ship headed to the north," replied the Avatar. She advanced towards Varrick, "Think we can catch up to it?"

"Sure," said the man confidently, "once you get us past our friends from the north."

Korra sighed, "if only we got a plane to get me close to those ships... I could waterbend them out of the way."