Chapter 52

"Yuvrani, you may continue the case from where it ended yesterday" the court was more occupied today, some of the crowd were sure that their yuvraj won't molest a lady while the other half thought other way. Sudeshna kept her palm on Vedangi's shoulder, boosting her confidence. Vedangi stepped down from the veiled gallery, exchanging assuring nods with Shankh and Shvet. "I bow in front of nyay devta and also in front of the king" she joined her palms.

"Yesterday raaj vaidya gave a sample of hair strands found in Jyoti's nails" Aradhika came with a tray and handed a cloth to Vedangi. "The hair strands are grey in colour" she presented the hair strands in front of the crowd and kept it near the king's throne. "And here are Yuvraj Shvet's hair strands,we may clearly see from these samples that Yuvraj Shvet's hair strands don't match with the one found in Jyoti's nails" she kept another cloth near the throne. "Another proof that Yuvraj is not the culprit" maharaj nodded in a yes and asked her to continue further.

"And now may I make a request to our council of ministers. Rajkumar Shankh told me that maharaj had gifted a necklace of same design to all ministers, I request them to present it in front of the court" Vedangi said. " Yuvrani, why are you trying to include us in this matter! We are not at all at fault" minister Virendra said impatiently. "Then why do you fear proving it? If you are not at fault, present your necklaces at once, it would automatically prove your innocence" Vedangi snapped. The court felt silent for a moment, "Yuvrani you can't be this rude to the ministers!" One of them exclaimed. "What elso do you expect from me when my nath, Yuvraj, future king is falsely accused for molesting a lady" she curled her fists to calm herself, her eyes moved towards Sudeshna, who gestured her to keep calm.

"I request you all to present the necklaces" she said again smiling. The ministers left reluctantly, this was the first time they were asked to prove their innocence.
************************************
"Where's your necklace minister Sini?" Vedangi asked, all other ministers had presented their necklaces except minister Sini, who stood with dejected face. "I really don't know Yuvrani, but I sware I haven't done anything, it was with me few days back, but I am unable to find it now" Sini replied his gaze lowered. "Minister court doesn't work on swares, we need some proof to prove your innocence" Vedangi pleaded, she knew that minister Sini can't do this, but the proofs said something else.

"Jyoti, was it minister Sini who did this to you?" Vedangi asked turning towards Jyoti, who nodded even without looking at him. "Yuvrani I sware on my children I haven't done this, please trust me, I am serving Matsya since last ten years" Sini pleaded joining his palms. Tears welled up in Vedangi's eyes, they same with royal family and commoners, Sini's wife wiped her tears through the end of her veil. Shvet has been with Sini since he was a teenager, he knew his Sini kaka won't do something like this, but the proofs!  "Yuvrani, I have something to say, am I allowed to maharaj? " Shvet rose on his feet as if a thunderbolt had struck him. "Yes Yuvraj say" Virat replied abruptly, fearing what would Shvet say.

"I was the one who gave a rough idea of the necklaces to be gifted to ministers, name of every minister is written behind its pendant" Shvet said. He didn't even fear that if ministers are proved innocent, he would be accused again. Only thing that mattered to him was that his Sini kaka should be not falsely punished. Vedangi immediately checked the necklace, they had found in Jyoti's house, the name written on it was 'sulochan' . She closed her red eyes to control her rising temper and kept the necklace in front of king's throne.

Minister Sulochan tried to run, but some soldiers held him. "Means, minister Sulochan!" Sudeshna rose on her feet in astonishment, " then why did Jyoti accused Yuvraj!". "Forgive me maharani, mantri ji had warned me that if I don't accuse Yuvraj, my children would be killed" Jyoti sobbed. Vedangi rolled her eyes, "I request soldiers to take minis...no only Sulochan ! To take Sulochan to prison" She said. The soldiers waited for King's orders, as soon as the king ordered, Sulochan was locked in prison. "Jyoti, how many times did you lie! You falsely accused the person who helped you" Shankh roared.

"Forgive me rajkumar please forgive me" jyoti sobbed again, Vedangi stepped back, letting Shankh take the control of the court. "You would have confronted any of us, we would have provided protection to your family! There was no need to accuse my brother falsely. And also when Sini kaka was unable to show his necklace, you agreed that he tried to molest you! Look Jyoti ji I am a person who respects woman, but I would definitely say that whatever you did was wrong, leave Yuvraj, you didn't even speak anything when we suspected old Sini kaka" he closed his eyes for a moment to calm himself.

"I am sorry if I said something wrong" he sat back on his seat. "Please let me go back to my house maharaj, my children must be waiting for me" Jyoti was so ashamed of her behaviour that she hung her head low. "You may go back, but you would definitely face some punishment for accusing two men falsely" Virat replied. "I have something to say, may I ?" Shvet spoke for the very first time. "I think there has already been a lot today, many are accused spreading negativity, the culprit is punished. We may give the final judgement about Jyoti tomorrow, let's end this all for today" Shvet spoke. The king agreed and adjurned the court for the day.

Shvet rose on his feet and wrapped his arms around Vedangi, "Thank you for saving me" he murmured in her ears, making her smile. Virat and Shankh bit their lips to control their laughter, while Sudeshna nodded negative frowning. "Ehm...Ehm.." she made the couple separate, "You were speaking about being Yuvraj and Yuvrani with so much pride and now you both are hugging each other in the court itself" She nodded negative again and went back to her chamber. Shvet bit his tongue, "I'm sorry", "Jyeshth what's sorry in this! Mata reacts impulsively sometimes" Shankh chuckled. "Is her strictness new to us!" Virat chuckled, the three men broke into laughter, while Vedangi giggled lowering her gaze.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
My exams are going on, wish me good luck.
Hope you liked reading this part,let me know through your comments they are much important for me💫.