48. Promise

Nandini let her tears fall out and closed her face with both her palms and tried hard to not break down again. She wiped her tears hard enough that no more left on her face and looked at the floor which has blood drops.

Her eyes widened for a moment and immediately rushed towards his room and he was standing in the balcony, holding the railing. There was a glass that was broken, probably hero might have broken with his bare hands thus getting a cut.

"Suniye" She called out but he didn't respond. She moved towards him and he shot a glare at her making her gasp in fear. He simply went inside and sat on the bed while she took her time to go back to him.

She sat beside him and touched his hands making him take them back.

"Please" She pleaded slowly and he gave in. She saw the cut on his left hand and went to the other side of bed to get the first aid box. She wiped her tears before going back and sat on the floor near him.

She took a ball of cotton and wiped the blood slowly and said "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you..."

He closed his eyes to not to say anything while she continued "You took it all wrong...and I swear I didn't mean it that way..."

"Toh kya tha...??" He yelled making her flinch and gulp, followed by a brief silence.

"I know whatever I said might have hurt you...But my intention is not that...I...I just didn't want you to get deviated from your work...Being far from me, knowing that I'm hurt and alone will only be a misery to you...When I said I can manage alone, it was just to assure you...To assure you that even in future, I can handle such situations without making you worried..."

She cleaned the wound with antiseptic and blew air as he hissed. She wiped her tears seeing him in pain and continued "I want to tell you that you don't need to be worried about me when you are far away...I'm capable of managing so that you can work in peace...I know...Had I said that I got hurt, you could have arranged someone but you couldn't have worked with whole heart for sure...I don't want that..."

She tied the white bandage and said "My choice of words might be wrong but my intention wasn't...I'm sorry for lying to you...and...one last thing...You matter the most to me...I can...I can never imagine my life without you...Do you really think that I can survive without you...??"

She kissed on his tender knuckles and said "If you feel like leaving me, then"

Her words were cut when he held her hair softly in his fist making her look at him with tears.

"Don't you dare complete it..." He said and held tighter making her hiss and he moved closer to her face.

"I Love You" He said and she whispered "I Love You Too" and he sealed her lips for a passionate kiss, biting her lips and in a swift move, he lifted her up and made her sit on his lap.

"I'm sorry..." She said once they broke the kiss.

"I'm sorry too..." He said hugging her by waist and she laid her head on his chest.

"Promise me that you will never do this again...You will text me that you are safe however huge the fight is...I forgot to breath till the time I have seen you safe..." She said looking at him and he kissed on her forehead.

"Promise me..." She demanded.

He sighed and said "Before that, you promise me...Promise me now that wherever or whatever the situation is, you shouldn't lie to me...At least I'll be calm knowing that you are fine with someone that I arrange to look after you rather than finding out the chain of lies...Please..."

She nodded with a smile and said "I promise"

"And I promise to always keep you updated that I'm safe..." He said and sealed their promise with another kiss pulling off the scarf from her shoulders.

He placed her on bed still in his embrace while his hand moved inside her T-shirt. Before he could proceed further, their stomachs growled indicating that they are hungry and they chuckled looking at each other.

"Let me order something..." Manik said moving apart from her but Nandini pulled him towards her and said "I will prepare...You were eating outside food from past few weeks..."

"Let me help you then..." He said and she corrected her clothes before they moved to the kitchen.

Manik went to get his mobile which he has left in his car itself and saw Cabir's texts if everything is fine and asked him to deal patiently. He smiled at his concern and dialed his number to explain what happened and to warn him in prior to not to hide things from him.

Ignore mistakes...

Kindly don't write 'Update soon/Plz update/waiting for next' in comments. I myself will update once I get satisfied with the comments and your views, as keeping target and getting comments is irritating few and me as well.

Good day and stay safe guys...