♛ 41

[The Origin, 11 years ago]

Taken place in none other than the 23rd ward, often called the labyrinth ward

Taken place in none other than the 23rd ward, often called the labyrinth ward. The once beautiful historical buildings and monuments were no longer visible, it was completely destroyed. The stench was strong, coming from the lifeless bodies lying on the ground.

It was a battleground—a war zone between two sides; The Phantom Viper and The Neo Mortem Mafia.

Both sides sent their strongest troops to the battleground, fighting for one purpose. They both wanted to rule the city, expanding their power. Having the same goal yet different ideology, they have come into a clash.

It went on for five years, an extremely agonizing five years that felt like forever. The Neo Mortem Mafia had the upper hand, they were able to provide more manpower. Excellent in formation and group combat, the assassins were exhausted by the endless swift attacks.

"We're losing. If we don't do something about this, they will take over the entire city." Eric informed.

There stood Chevalier, his pride hanging low as he heard the information. He looked out the window, sipping his tea as he observed the citizens walking freely around the streets of the 1st ward.

There were 23 wards in total, and as of now Phantom Viper owned ward 1 until 9, the Neo Mortem Mafia was taking control over more. The 23rd ward remained disclosed to the public eye, being the center of the war.

Chevalier provided training centers for the assassins and soldiers, preparing them if they have to go to the war zone. But it wasn't enough. They needed something big, something like a missile—a fatal blow.

"How's the girl doing?" Chevalier calmly asked.

Eric cocked an eyebrow. "She's doing fine,"

He soon then get the hint, knowing exactly what the man in front of him wants. His back was facing him, but he could clearly picture his expression as he faced the window. "You want her to fight."

Chevalier turned around, a wicked smile plastered on his lips. "As you said before Eric, we're losing. I think it's the time we unleash our secret weapon. You don't want your two sons to be involved in this, do you?"

"She's only seven years old, plus she's like a two sided knife." Eric pointed out, not sure this was a good plan. Chevalier however, he was sure that this could be their grand blow. "I know, there's a great chance we'll get the hit too. But her parents have devoted her to me, she's our only option."

Only three days after the conversation between them, they immediately went with their plan. Their strategist at that time, was the girl's father, Eun Donghyun. He was one of the most respected assassin, coming up with brilliant war strategy.

Along with the girl herself, they all agreed to execute the mission at night, striking them when their guards were lowest.

"Huh, you're a kid," a boy her age spoke, walking towards her. She was left alone in the corridors of the headquarters, waiting for the next command. "Are you one of my father's troops?"

The girl tilted her head, wondering why a boy her age was lurking around the headquarters without supervision. "Who are you?"

The boy snickered, folding his arms on his chest as he looked at her with full pride. He was one presumptuous boy indeed. "Me? I'm the son of Chevalier."

The girl only snickered back. "Why are you so proud? We're losing the war."

"Hey! You little—"

"We need to go now," the man called, turning to look at the boy beside her. "What are you doing here, young master? Go back to your father's office."

The boy protested. "But—"

"No buts! Go back now, Donghyuck. You don't want your father to be mad at you again, do you?"

The girl turned to look at the boy who she presumed to be Donghyuck, watching him as he sulked before turning his heels around to walk towards his father's office.

"Let's go now, we're heading to the 23rd ward."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Swords and guns. Those were the two things she was more than good at. This was the day she could finally redeem her months of training.

She was ordered to stick around the commander's side. He was a proficient assassin, managing to take down 30% of the mafias by himself. 

As soon as they entered the 23rd ward, she could immediately feel the tension, the thrill. The buildings were ravaged, flat to the ground. Her eyes darken as she heard gunshots firing near them, taking out her mighty weapon.

Men by men, she stabbed them, shot, fought them manually. She had one goal which was to kill the front leading commander. As quick as she joined the war, it also quickly led to a bloodbath.

She wandered around the streets, her body was physically there but her mind was somewhere else. She pictured herself being in her training room, hitting the targets multiple times. The eternal bloodlust was created by the people who trained her.

She could hear faint sounds from afar, like people calling her name. But she was too deep in her thought. Dark eyes, all she could see was red.

Even when she got shot multiple times, she couldn't feel the damage. She even managed to dodge the bullets with her sword. She was unstoppable, the monster inside her had already been released. 

Stabbing, shooting, fighting. It went on and on, blood splattering everywhere. Her body soon grew tired, but instead of stopping, she continued. It was like she didn't have control over her own body, a devil had taken over her almost completely.

But one thing topped her, snapped her back to her back to her senses.

Her eyes met a pair of frightened eyes. She locked down, noticing that she had stabbed the man in front of her. The man was her commander.

She stepped back, looking down at her bloody hands. Her body was shaking, her mind slowly began to panic as she finally realized what she had done—a massacre.

The commander collapsed, his legs not strong enough to support him. They were surrounded by lifeless body and puddles of blood everywhere. Her face, hands, and clothes were all stained by the thick, red substance.

She slaughtered everyone, including the people from the Phantom Viper.

She was about to break down, but before she could do so, a voice called her from behind. She turned around to look at the familiar mind, fear began to strike her.

"Dasom," her father called. "Let's go home, we're done here."

The next morning, the moment she opened her eyes she found herself in an unfamiliar place. Her head felt hazy, not remembering a single thing as if she was just born that day.

 Her head felt hazy, not remembering a single thing as if she was just born that day

oooooooo dasom's past revealed😧😧😧 dem she solos everyone