New Upgrades, New Friends (Avengers: Infinity War 2018)

(Third POV)

"Your new body is complete. You will be able to withstand blows from even Thanos with the Infinity Stones in hand." Lord Deus states as Y/N looks down at himself to see what has change appearance-wise. All that has changed is that the lines where the Mantra flows from are much more visible. He stretches his body all around to get used to the new change as the Eight Guardian Generals look at him for his feedback.

"This is really something...I've never felt like this before." Y/N comments as he rotates his arm in a circle.

"You will get used to your new body, don't worry. All that you need to do is take down Thanos." Asura says, and the other Guardian Generals nod in agreement.

"But he already has two of the stones, he's probably on par with me now in terms of being the strongest being in the universe. And if he gets all of the Infinity Stones, I don't want to know if that happens." Y/N says dejectedly before his mindscape starts to falter so suddenly, as if a massive earthquake has started. Everyone looks around them as the white background starts to crack like a mirror. Although Y/N finds it odd considering Augus is blind.

"What's happening!?" Y/N asks in shock.

"Someone is trying to forcefully wake you up! Luckily we managed to finish upgrading your body beforehand!" Augus responds.

"Do I need to wake up right now? What if I'm on Thanos's ship when I wake up" Y/N asks, thinking up many possibilities.

"We won't know that until you wake up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Asura says before placing a hand on his pupil's shoulder. "Give it your all against Thanos, Y/N."

"I will, Master Asura." Y/N says with a nod before he willingly allows himself to be awakened by the outside force.

On the Benatar

To make a long story short, the Guardians of the Galaxy, consisting of Peter Quill aka Star Lord and a resident of Earth, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon a...raccoon that's been experimented on, Groot, a talking plant-based species that can only say 'I am Groot', Mantis the newest addition to their team, and Gamora the Daughter of Thanos; have retrieved both the bodies of Thor and Y/N after their ship had blown up, causing them to drift towards the ship of the Guardians.

They brought them inside a while after to inspect who they are, only for them, mainly everyone except Groot and Peter, to gawk at how muscular they are. And compared to Drax, they are much more muscular for sure.

In the words of Drax who is in awe of their physique, "These are no dudes, you're a dude. These are men...handsome, muscular men." This causes Peter to look at his crew-mate appalled by the conclusion since Drax pointed that Peter is simply a dude, even Gamora was astounded by their physique that she had caressed Thor's arms, much to Peter's jealousy.

Later on, they decide to wake them up one by one with Mantis's powers, so she starts with Thor, placing her hands onto the sides of his head before her antennas glow.

"Wake." She softly says, and Thor springs back to consciousness with a shout, causing Mantis to also do the same before the God of Thunder turns to the people who saved him.

"Who the Hel are you guys?" Thor asks, still feeling the loss of his people before he looks to the unconscious body of Y/N, who's body has now been made stronger and better. "Y/N!" He exclaims before he checks on his close friend.

"He feels angry, really angry like a flame that has engulfed an entire planet..." Mantis says after placing a hand on Y/N's forehead, causing the Guardians to look at each other from statement. She does the same process with Thor to wake him up. She compels him to wake once more, but his body stays unconscious, causing a wave of confusion amongst the Guardians of the Galaxy.

"What's going on, Mantis?" Peter asks, confused as to why her powers are not working.

"He has a barrier inside his mind. Like a wall, and I was trying to break it down. He will know of my intentions to wake him when I struck this wall." Mantis says in a metaphor before a few seconds later, Y/N's eyes flutter open as they meet the eyes of the person who has tried to forcefully wake him.

"Were you the one that tried to wake me?" Y/N asks with a raspiness in his voice, and all that Mantis can do is nod in response. "Don't do that again, if you had tried to wake me up before my body was done with the change, I could've died." He then sits up from the table and looks to the other Guardians and Thor.

"Well, at least this isn't Thanos's flagship." Y/N comments, causing Gamora to stiffen at her adopted father's name, which Thor catches but the metal-armed man doesn't.

(There was a little annoying thing with wattpad that caused me to lose my writing of this chapter, so unfortunately you'll be getting a small summary after this parentheses.)

Y/N is then introduced to the Guardians as all of them discuss about the events that happened hours earlier and how Thanos already has two Stones, the Power Stone that he had acquired from Xandar after massacring the planet, and the Space Stone that he took from Loki just before. So, they devised a plan, Thor, Groot, and Rocket all will go to Nidavellir to forge the God of Thunder a weapon to kill Thanos while Y/N and the rest go to Knowhere, where the Reality Stone is being kept by the Collector.

A/N: Hey everyone, so bad news for this chapter. Somehow and someway, at least two-thirds of my progress has been lost due to some stupid thing with my phone version and computer version of the chapter. So, I will have to rewrite the chapter at a later date. I hope that you guys may forgive me for this hiccup, and I will see you in the next chapter.