Twelve||Don't Tell Me How to Live My Life

"I don't like him," I explained. "He annoys the hell out of me ninety-six percent of the time, and sometimes I'd like nothing better than to strangle him to death. But at the same time I... I want him to be happy. I think about him way more than I should, and I -"
"You love him."

- Kody Keplinger, The DUFF

Twelve||Don't Tell Me How to Live My Life

Jack watched me with a small smile as my eyes widened.

The tacky pop music was threatening to burst my ear drums and the people scattered around the yard made my eyes want to bleed.

"No," I said and shook my head. "I am not going in there."

Jack rolled his brown eyes at me and took grasp of my wrist before dragging me towards the house. "Don't be such a baby, Ellie."

This is not how I planned my Saturday night go. I had already been in bed watching Netflix when Jack burst into my room through the window and practically shoved me in his car- he refused to tell me how he knew where I lived, which is kind of creepy. After being glared at, ignored, and accused of some really stupid things the whole week, all I wanted was to relax and stay away from humans.

But here I was with Jack, in a house full of noisy and sweaty people.

"Why did you even call me? Parker's got other friends that are willing to get him out of this place. Why don't you do it yourself?" I remarked as I dug my heels into the grass, hoping it would at least slow him down.

"Finn is in Florida and Sam isn't picking up. Plus, Park never listens to me," he stated while shoving a few people. "There he is!" Jack yelled and started walking faster.

I stumbled a few times but I somehow managed to make it towards a group of boys without falling on my face. "Parker, look who's here to see you," Jack started warningly.

Parker turned around and a smirk tugged the corners of is lips upward. "Ellie!" He exclaimed and pulled me into his arms.

Were all drunks very happy and touchy?

"Parker, I think we should take you home," I said. I tried to pull myself away from him but then realized that I was hopeless and went limp in his arms.

"Can we go to your house, Ellie? I've never been to your house!" He finally loosened his grip but still kept his arm around my waist. "Of course n-"

Jack slapped his hand over my mouth and I nearly cried at the impact. "You don't want to argue with a drunk Parker," he said.

I now realized how awkward this must look to everyone around us. Parker had his arms around me, my arms were hanging limply beside me, and Jack had his hand on my mouth.

I licked Jack's hand and he leaped away and shrieked in horror almost immediately. "Don't tell me how to live my life."

Jack scowled and wiped his hand on a random person. "Sheesh, you two are so alike it's annoying."

I stuck my tongue out at him and walked towards the door. Well, the best a person can walk with someone wrapped around them. I had turned so my back was pressed against Parker's front and waddled out the door.

"You can let go now," I stated and tried once again to push him but he still didn't let go. "Jack, a little help here."

Jack looked at me as it I had gone crazy but helped me anyway. He managed to rip him away from me and shove him in the passenger seat without getting hit.

I sat in the back seat and Jack rushed to the driver's seat. "Where to?"

"His house," I said and Jack nodded. Parker just glared at me from through the review mirror and I rolled my eyes. Cry baby.

----------

"I don't want to stay here alone," Parker whined and he looked close to tears. Turns out, his parents weren't home. They were on some business trip.

Fantastic.

I turned to look at Jack expectantly but he frowned. "Don't look at me, I'm already on house arrest."

I groaned. Leave it to Jack to do something stupid while he's grounded.

"Ellieeeeee," Parked dragged on and started pulling on my arm. "Stay with me."

"'Cos you're all I need," Jack whispered. I looked at him from the corner of my eye as if asking for an explanation. "What?!" He exclaimed and threw his hands up, "Can't a man like Sam Smith without getting judged?"

He got in his car and drove off. Leaving me here. Alone. With Parker.

"Looks like it's me and you, Buttercup," he said and wiggled his eyebrows for effect.

"Dear, Lord. Help me."

Author's Note

Bad news. I'm going back to school on Monday. My break is over! Noooooo!

So I started reading The Duff and Paper Towns, hoping that I can finish them by Monday. (I also have to read The 100)

Soooo, that's that.

I may or may not be writing a story with people called Elliot and Lei. And it might or might not involve a rollercoaster, blackmail, and someone being afraid of heights.

Plus, I don't know how to feel about the drastic change of emojis. Stupid update, I can't find my emojis now.

Shout out to all of those who know what I'm talking about.

Anyway.. .What do you think about me writing another story?

Hasta Mañana, Piraña!

Peace out, rainbow trout!

Will see you soon cheeky baboon.

-Floatsus.