Best Friends Ex-Boyfriend is the One For Me: Surprise x Reader

There is mentions of homosexual relations between Marvel characters in this one shot. If you don't like gay ships, then maybe don't read this one. Thanks xoxoxox

Staring at Sam, YN blinked, her mouth falling open slightly. "What the fuck, why?"

"YN, we are not compatible at all, you literally call me bro." Throwing her hands up, YN turned on her heel. "Don't do that."

"Do what Samuel, you're dumping me." Sam groaned, rubbing his forehead.

"I'm not dumping you." YN's head flicked around, her glare meeting Sam's eye. "Okay, maybe I am, but it's not like we've been together long."

"I suppose." YN muttered, crossing her arms. "This is hurting my pride a little." She shrugged, unsure why she was feeling upset. Sam was right, it had only been a few weeks since they'd started 'dating', and putting it accurately, it was more hanging out with the occasional 'more than hanging out' that was satisfying for both of them, but never passionate the way lovers should be.

"Are you sad or pissed?" Sam murmured, clenching his teeth nervously. "Because I'm either going to run or hug you." YN chuckled, her eyes filling with embarrassed tears.

"I don't even know why I'm crying, it's not like I loved you." YN groaned, earning a shocked choked noise from Sam.

"Okay, ouch." He muttered, rolling his eyes as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, YN. I thought it would work, that maybe I could love you. And I do, I do, but I love you like a sister."

"Considering what we did last night, I do not consider you my brother, you nasty ass." YN screwed up her tear soaked face, earning a groan of annoyance from her friend. "I love you like a best friend though." She sniffled. "But I am going to milk this break up and go and get drunk." Sam nodded, sending YN a smile. "And I'm going to do it with Bucky because he always makes me feel better." Sam's mouth popped open as YN ran from the room, a creepy laugh leaving her lips.

"Hey! He's my best friend too, you know!"

-------------------------------

"And then he was all like, you call me bro anyway." YN muttered, bringing the bottle of tequila to her mouth and taking a loud slurp. "Fuck him, what are men good for anyway?"

Bucky shrugged, his own dopey smile on his lips, having been drinking Thor's Asgardian liquor at the same pace YN had been drinking her tequila. "Couldn't tell you."

"Right?" YN nodded, sighing deeply. "I mean, I'm not that cut up, I knew it was all a charade, he's clearly in love with someone else." YN felt Bucky stiffen beside her but her brain was too fogged to think about asking why. "I wonder if it's Nat."

"You think?" YN finally noticed the strain in the super soldier's voice, and her eyes quickly turned to him as he lifted the flask to his lips, downing the contents.

"Maybe, I don't know?" YN shrugged, eyes narrowed. "Why, you like her or something?" Bucky laughed, tipping his head back. "What?" The super soldier continued to chuckle, making YN grow frustrated. "Hey! What's so funny?"

YN leant forward, trying to appear intimidating but Bucky just laughed louder, covering her entire face with one hand and pushing gently, the alcohol in her system causing YN to fall off balance and land on the carpeted floor with a thud.

"That fucking hurt you dumb himbo!" YN shouted, rubbing her tender elbow. Sighing, YN's arms flopped beside her, the woman staring at the ceiling in thought. "Am I unlovable?" She whispered, the alcohol making her emotions wobble.